Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

white spirit spillage - advice please

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

white spirit spillage - advice please

Hi all
Been using a pot of white spirit to keep my paint brushes usable.. like most folk. Anyway today i had the misfortune of something knocking it over on the lawn  Roll eyes
Anyhow.. the paint doesn't worry me.. it's the white spirit. We have plenty of cats around here and i don't want anything bad to happen to any of them. I've covered over the patch of lawn temporarily and i know the stuff does evaporate... but is there anything else i need to know / do to rectify this?
And before anyone has a grumble.. yes i do feel very bad about it happening. I don't really know even how it happened either.. it just suddenly lurched off the step at the bottom of my workmate  Angry
7up
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
2 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: white spirit spillage - advice please

dig out the area where it spilled transfer it to a bbq (or similar) and set fire to it, your other option is to bag it and take it to the dump and dispose of as chemical waste (preferably in an old paint tin) but either option works well in terms of rendering it safe for the local wildlife
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: white spirit spillage - advice please

Sounds like a small enough quantity to not cause much of an issue.
http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/problem-solving/white-spirit-spillage/74419.html