pierre_pierre
Grafter

when do you give your licence up?

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: when do you give your licence up?

FFS!
The man was stopped after five miles and taken to his home.

FIVE MILES What took so long?
the elderly driver continued at about 40mph in the fast lane."
we already had a discussion of speed limits, 40 mph in the FAST lane (Not that there is such a thing  Undecided)
Pc Alan Barlow, of the A12 Alliance patrol team, said: "Numerous police resources were used to stop this man and to safeguard other members of the public.

Well I would like to see him paying for this but probably won't  Angry
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it was five miles to the next junction
Community Veteran

easy mistake to make.  i remember my father terrifying us by going up a one-way street in birmingham - almost into the arms of a big red bus.  a wailing of horns and a three-point turn fixed that without mishap, but on the motorway in the overtaking lane, oy vay.
another old boy surrendered his driving license recently.  he was a sprog in his eighties.  i expect we'll see more of these incidents as our aging population continues to drive into trouble.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I came very close to it once, Had been working in Belgium for about a month and driving a lot, flew home for the weekend, Ostend to Southend, picked up by the wife and I drove, just up the road a dual carriageway started, went to go up the wrong side.
The place where the 95 year old did it was a slip road off a roundabout, and a most awkward turn