cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what white noise settled your baby

scootie
Grafter

what white noise settled your baby

right now my 2 month old daughter instantly stops crying as soon as we put the hoover on.
to try and save the motor buring out i recorded the hoover on studio qauilty but even playing the sound through the pc with all the sound tweaks tried and pumped through a decent hi fi this dose not fool her and she carrys on crying till the hoover is switched on.
what white noise sounds settled your babys and did you manage to fool them with a recording of the sound
12 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: what white noise settled your baby

It is obvious that your daughter likes to hear people at work!
Try washing machine - a friend many years ago used to find that sent her baby to sleep............. but don't put baby in it or on it!! Smiley
scootie
Grafter

4 kids in this house, so the washing machines never off any way.
its only the hoover that instantly settles her. just cant work out why she isnt fooled by the recording of it
johpal
Grafter

My wife used to 'sing' the kids to sleep  Lips are sealed
Does your hi-fi include a good sub-woofer? Could be some missing low-frequencies and a subsequent lack of vibration?
Perfect excuse (if you needed one) to go out and by some new toys essentials!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Perhaps she isn`t picking up the "physical" vibrations from the hoover, when you play the recording....  Cool
scootie
Grafter

think i need to exchange my lab for a husky. http://www.break.com/index/dog-sings-to-soothe-crying-baby.html
Steve
Pro

The only thing that used to settle my kids when they were small was to put them in the buggy and go for a walk then it was the baby bouncer and having to rock it all the time lol, long gone are those days.
Community Veteran

Drop of Gordon's Gin in the feed bottle or old fashion (ticking) alarm clock in the cot or pushing in the buggy or driving round in the car, done them all with my eldest.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did you drive the car after drinking the Gin Crazy
Community Veteran

Of course not, her feet wouldn't reach the pedals
scootie
Grafter

ive got the hoover recording to work, had to edit some background noise of the other kids and hay pristo it works. still dosent work as good as the hoover thoe as that stops any crying the instant its turned on where the recording takes 30 or so seconds to chill her out.
got one of those battery bouncers ( i know lazy). wear's two c bat's in a few days thoe so end up bouncing away with the foot anyway
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Santiago

driving round in the car, done them all with my eldest.

Think I wore tyre tracks in the M65 with all the driving up and down it to get my eldest off to sleep when he was a baby......  Thank god No.2 is so laidback she falls over Grin Grin
We also used classical CDs which he seemed to like ( but not now 3 1/2 yr olds dont think classical is cool especially when his girlfriend is around)
Community Veteran

Quote from: penfold
Think I wore tyre tracks in the M65 with all the driving up and down it to get my eldest off to sleep when he was a baby.....

I didn't think the M65 was long enough for driving a baby to sleep
When my daughter was baby she would be crying and wake me up in the early hours. 
Now she is 20 and still wakes me up at all hours......when she come home from town after a night out.