Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what too do ... :S

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

what too do ... :S

So i moved from e-on to so energy because 1 month ago that was the best deal i could find, now ive noticed 2 deals with martin lewis... British gas making me a saving of £35 a year plus £30 cashback and e-on are doing the same too.

Ive only been with So energy one month ... i would have to pay £10 to leave.... should i do it in order to save £55 ... :S lol

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
17 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: what too do ... :S

This jumping around chasing providers for whatever service is a crazy situation and only goes to show how we the consumer are being led around by our noses towards those baited traps of contract. 

Personally, all the time my existing provider supplied my electricity at a reasonable prices I would stay with them whilst at the same time being frugal with it's use. We are on a reduced overnight tariff which is when our washing machine for example kicks in.....and when Mrs Minivanman uses that breadmaker! 

Lets be careful out there, the bar stewards are all after our money.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

According to one (and only one I've used) I could save nearly 340 per year by changing supplier, but I've not moved why? Because I simply can't be bothered, my meter's read and my bills are paid quarterly on arrival and it all works. I moved many, many years ago to NPower and it was a nightmare and swore then I'd never do it (change supplier) again. Yes I'd like the money who wouldn't but when it's not a visible large sum, i.e. you don't get it paid as a lump sum, I don't think you see any tangible benefit of the saving. If it were it would be different you could replace a vacuum, or an appliance but 'saved' the way it is it's not so attractive to me.

Community Veteran

@Minivanman  your not wrong about baited traps, I'm with GB Energy for leccy and PN for t'internet and I always get alternative quotes for insurance. I maybe don't always get the absolute lowest price but I always make a saving so the trend is downwards. Sometimes going through the exercise I negotiate a lower price with my present supplier Cool smiley

I used to be with British Gas for my leccy but they were full of  BS as evidenced by the latest scam of free electricity over the weekend if you have a smart Meter. I don't want wizzo schemes I just want value for money Crazy2

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
St3
All Star

I just contacted so energy and told them i been made a slightly cheaper deal with british gas and they where really nice about it aslong as i pay my £10 exit fee. They were too nice .... but they couldnt match the saving so ive applied to switch.

Switching providers for different things is a good idea because it helps to nudge the top companys into giving out better deals Wink

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Fixes: 47

House insurance: Never made any claims but it's peace of mind. Get a few quotes and pick the cheapest.

Car insurance: It's a legal requirement so I get a few quotes and go with the cheapest.

Gas: I use nPower and go with the cheapest deal they offer.

Electric: Same as gas

Home and contents insurance can be so complicated and difficult to do comparisons.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero

Ah yes insurance, pay through the nose and hope they pay out.

I detest them half sorry to say, as rejecting and/or reducing claims seems to be their modus operandi.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
St3
All Star

Ive had one claim for a new kitchen sink which cracked after i dropped a large hammer on it lol... they coughed up and everything was fine Smiley 

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I understand there is some suggestion that water should go the same way and customers being given a choice of suppliers,

personally I think that would be a good move.

Minivanman
Hero

I just hope they pay out when I pop my clogs!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

What size are the clogs ?

As you will not be needing them if you go before me.

Grin

Minivanman
Hero

Community Veteran

I'm with Legal and General (with the umbrella) for house insurance and we had a big payout years ago for a collapsing terrace undermined by a stream in our garden. So I cut them a bit of slack on the price mainly because of the clauses in new policies which ask about subsidence, proximity to water courses etc. Renewing our policy I could claim (I hope) that they were aware of the previous claim all those years ago. I even refused the option to change to a new policy for a saving recently offered. Renewing there are no questions asked!

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Minivanman wrote:

Seriously? They want to start making us compare prices on water?? Water should not be a profit-driven commodity, it's an essential, life-giving resource that we should not be forced to switch suppliers aroud when it's all the same damned stuff that comes out of the pipes, just like gas and electricity!

What next? Making water butts illegal so we can't collect our own water like they already do in some US states? Roll eyes

Minivanman
Hero

Totally agree.

What a crazy illogical world we live in eh?