cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the Age on Consent?

pierre_pierre
Grafter

what is the Age on Consent?

got a Christmas Card for SHMBO, all maked up Wife, on the back not for the under threes
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: what is the Age on Consent?

what?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I kid you not
Community Veteran

does it have a chip inside?  other than the danger of a kid that age ripping it off and necking it, i can't think of a single danger inherent in a bit of hard paper.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its was to the wife, dont matter how old they are, hands off
nadger
Rising Star

I can never work out how, having been married over 45 years, my wife is still only 21  Crazy
Community Veteran

Obviously somebody thought it might be considered a toy (equally obviously, they were an idiot!)  Crazy
John
Community Veteran

's relativity, nadger.
gswindale
Grafter

Well I'd have thought it was obvious - the company bought a load of cards marked up
"Lots of Love at Christmas" inside and had a group of people sticking on
"wife"
"husband"
"daughter"
"son"
"girlfriend"
"arch-enemy"
etc
Therefore the printing costs are reduced by having that message on every card regardless of who they are for due to the small parts.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Call us cheapskates if you wish! but Mrs P and I have given each other the same birthday, anniversary, Christmas cards for the last 10 years.
Being a bit of an old romantic I thought she would be upset, but no! it was originally her idea, and gets a bit annoyed if I suggest changing the routine and goes off muttering darkly about the sheer waste of money cards are for two people who have been married for 37 years.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
ak3dgfx
Dabbler

we questioned a similar card (with the same age limits) in our local card shop (the manageresss is a friend and we were ridiculing it) and apparently it is because the tiny decorations glued to the front of the card will come off if picked at by a small child and they don't want to get sued by over litigious parents and their ambulance chasing lawyers
Community Veteran

The warnings are those in BS EN 71 for toys.  A toy is defined as something designed or intended for use in play by a child under 14 years, so I would say they were redundant on a card. A simple warning not to let children play with it would be enough surely.  Manufacturers get so paranoid about this!  I've even seen babies' rattles that have the same warning (i.e. "not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts")!  Crazy
John