what do you think

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/224161                                  nhs
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/224261                                 e.u
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): fixed URL.]
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: what do you think

I think its right that our politicians are all lying so and so's but when the article started babbling on about europe I lost interest.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

| lost interest when I saw the post only had two linkys and no personal comment about them from the OP..... Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The NHS gets reorganised every ten years or so but this change will be the biggest yet.
Good or Bad ?.........who knows ?
Like most things only time will tell. Everything else is just guess work and speculation.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

unions slammed the changes, claiming they allowed private firms into the NHS through the back door.

This is Privatisation by the back door, the unions are rite, the NHS will go the same way as British Gas and The General Post Office (GPO) now BT  Angry  times 20 Angry
Community Veteran

The NHS reforms will indeed mean NHS money flowing to private companies, which can only possibly mean the shrinkage of the NHS provision, as the NHS retreats, business grows, and the focus moves from being about patient care and excellence (I'm not saying its always achieved, but its the NHS's focus) to maximising profit for shareholders.
This is in my view by far the worst thing that has happened to NHS in its entire history.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Think you could make a long list of the advantages and disadvantages of what this change might bring but as I said in my earlier post only time will tell.
There is no doubt that the NHS is a completely different beast from when it was first introduced to what it is today.
Far too many people have abused the system (look at the number of drunks in any casualty department on a Saturday Night) or the number of time wasters attending GPs surgeries with minor ailments that medicine from the local chemist would cure.
So like many things the system has been abused at the expense of those who really need it. If this change results in those who need the service get it and those who abuse it do not then on those grounds alone the change will be worthwhile.
It might also weed out a few staff who are simply not up to the job. ie The number of patients who have starved to death in hospital because no one took the time to feed them or simple mistakes that cost lives through negligence.