what are you doing today

pierre_pierre
Grafter

what are you doing today

not only lots of rain but
SPORT: French Open
On: ITV1
Date: Sunday 3rd June 2012
Time: 09:30 to 18:00 (8 hours and 30 minutes long)
John Inverdale presents live coverage of the men's and women's fourth round matches from Stade Roland Garros in Paris. Expert analysis and commentary comes from Jim Courier, Amelie Mauresmo, Fabrice Santoro, Mark Petchey, Sam Smith and Nick Mullins.
ENTERTAINMENT: The Diamond Jubilee Thames Pageant
On: BBC 1 
Date: Sunday 3rd June 2012
Time: 13:30 to 18:00 (4 hours and 30 minutes long)
Huw Edwards, Matt Baker and Sophie Raworth host live coverage of one of the biggest events of the year, the diamond jubilee Thames pageant. For the first time in 350 years, a flotilla of 1,000 boats will sail down the River Thames from Battersea to Tower Bridge in celebration of Her Majesty the Queen's 60-year reign. The Queen will lead the floating procession in an ornately-decorated royal barge. A team of presenters will be reporting on this historic event from bridges, banks and boats along the seven-mile route. Special guests include Sue Johnston, Omid Djalili, Griff Rhys Jones, Frank Skinner, Richard E Grant, the Horrible Histories team, and some of the many people from across the UK and the Commonwealth who have made their way to London to take part in this extraordinary pageant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=17639
Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
23 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: what are you doing today

Today I will be ignoring the Jubilee.
nadger
Rising Star

Leaving about 11am for West Yorks.
Wet outside.
Fixes: 47

Going across to Rotherham to visit my new granddaughter born at home at 2:38 this morning Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Oddball

Pro-royalist, republican, anti-monachcist  or whatever, (and I haven't said which category I fall into) we do this kind of thing in this country celebrating our history as much as the Jubilee probably better than anyone else in the world. Its a great shame that the weather looks likely to spoil it somewhat.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Infinity
Pro

Chucking it down outside and only 10ºC
Central Heating on...
PVR's catchup !!
But I'm also PVR'ing the River Pageant & the Concert, fast forwarding through much of it.
Nice thing about SKY+HD, ( and possibly others) is you can watch & spool whilst still recording.
Can't do that with my Freeview HD / SD PVR's.
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: Strat
Going across to Rotherham to visit my new granddaughter born at home at 2:38 this morning Smiley

Just 24 hours, and a few years, after my birthday !
Congratulations, don't forget the camera & spare batts !
(Close-up & flash settings)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Oddball

+1
I was hoping to do some car work but the weather hasn't been kind to me so I won't be putting myself out in that today. Not sure what else to do, might have a go at completing another project or two.. anything to avoid cleaning..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro

To people ignoring the Jubilee and it's too wet to do anything outside, why not go round to your elderly neighbour, make them Tea and Butties so they don't miss the Jubilee on the TV, and sit and chat and just enjoy their company ?
I'm sure they'd enjoy yours.
Or even go to the local Old Folks Home ?
jmd
Grafter

Going to visit my new granddaughter born at home at 2:38 this morning Smiley

Congratulations Strat!! Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Mending a dripping guttering downcomer elbow (done)
Planting out climbing beans (done)
Sow more lettuces and brassicas (done)
Water critical area of the vegetable patch (it rained so no need)
Go to the daughter's birthday party - in an hour or so
Watch the Jubilee on TV - Not on your life
Look for things to moderate - you are all being good so nothing needed to be done  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

We were going out to visit local villages to join in the jubilee jamboree (!) at fetes etc..... however.....
have just returned from 4.5 hours at A&E ......  Roll eyes
Not for me.... I was just the driver ! ! ! . Undecided
So now the rest of the day needs a re-think...... oh and we have nice blue sky with fluffy white clouds floating by, with sunshine !  Grin
community
Grafter

What a fine start to life for her.....born in Rotherham, no better place on earth.
Congrats to all!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Far too wet to do any of the things outside that I should be (at the moment), apart from which feeling too lazy.
So vegging out on the settee watching the pageant, what a magnificent spectacle. Got the computer to one side for any additional amusement. SWMBO is in the kitchen occasionally coming in to watch the boats, after saying she wasn't interested earlier Roll eyes  then having a moan if they cut to some chit-chat somewhere on the river bank or one of the studios Huh At least I don't get earache if she's in the kitchen  Lips are sealed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Guess you have all been on a speed reading course, it takes me half the day to read the papers on a Sunday !