Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what a strange way to die

pierre_pierre
Grafter

what a strange way to die

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-11195393
ELO's Mike Edwards killed by hay bale in freak crash

An early member of 1970s British rock group ELO was killed in a "freak" accident when his van was crushed by a bale of hay, police said.
14 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: what a strange way to die

600kg though.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

But HAY, we gotta go some time !
scootie
Grafter

not one to lower the tone of such a thread but cant help my self.
seems he picked the short straw.
not a hay story but in the 90's my friends mum was walking at the side of the A6 when a metal pole being transported by a lorry came lose and whacked her in the face at 30-40 mph.
being from the countryside i know the dangers of hay bales when there being transported on flat bed trailers as the nutty farmers stack them up to easily 2 1/2 times the height of the top of there tractor's cab and have seen them a hell of alot higher as well and also seen them come tumbling down but thankfully they was still being transported across the field
Community Veteran

I expect he could BARLEY believe what was happening !
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hey come on.... let`s have some respect. and stop all these corny jokes.. Lips are sealed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Beet that then!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

ELO ELO ELO what's all this 'ere then?
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

So he was driving along looking up at "Mr Blue Sky" dreaming of being a "Wild West Hero" and thinking it was "Alright" being a "Livin' Thing".
Then sees the straw bale falling and has to "Hold On Tight" and in the "Confusion" thinks "Don't Bring Me Down".
just before being splattered "All Over The World" and meeting his "Xanadu".
There will be no more entries in "The Diary Of Horace Wimp", or calls on the "Telephone Line" to any "Sweet Talking Woman"
pierre_pierre
Grafter

no comment
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I don't think this is very funny  Shocked
When out walking with the Ramblers we stopped for morning coffee sheltering in the lee of a stack of straw bales when there was a sudden severe gust of wind with this result
Fortunately they missed everyone
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes Oldjim, I feel suitably chastened and ashamed about mocking such a serious event  Embarrassed
But it tends to be the British way, to lighten the traumatic load...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Maybe Oldjim you need to re-read your recent thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88490.0.html again, and listen to some heavy metal !
[quote=Oldjim]The Rev Rachel Mann claims that the much-maligned form of music demonstrates the “liberative theology of darkness”, allowing its tattooed and pierced fans to be more “relaxed and fun” by acknowledging the worst in human nature.
She says that by contrast, churchgoers can appear too sincere and take themselves too seriously.
Miss Mann says that heavy metal songs, characterized by distorted guitar sounds, “intense” beats and “muscular” vocals, are “unafraid to deal with death, violence and destruction”.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Naagh!!
I respect my ears too much.
Of course I could listed to it on an iPod (except I don't have one) with this fatal  result http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/mp3s/pedestrian-death-rise-blamed-on-ipods-20100905-14w4d.html
DEATH by iPod is being blamed as a contributing factor to the 25 per cent rise in the number of pedestrian fatalities in NSW.
The ''iPod zombie trance'' people get into when walking, driving or pedalling around listening to their mobile devices is being blamed for an increase in collisions and even deaths in Europe and the US.
The issue has been highlighted in Sydney by the death of a 46-year-old Glebe woman reportedly wearing headphones when she was knocked down and killed by an ambulance on Saturday night.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I agree with Oldjim, Not funny at all, Hope his family never come across this thread.