cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

well I was bored!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

well I was bored!!

So I delved into the depths of my DVD player/recorders HDD...and found a long lost copy of the film "Cool Runnings" or the unlikely story of the Jamaican bob-sleigh team.
Normally I don't go for sport orientated tear-jerker's, you know the kind of thing; brilliant child sport protégée overcomes some devastating terminal disease and unrequited love to become world champion in spite of pushy divorced parents, who find themselves unable to live without each other after their daughters success etc. etc.
But I'd quite forgotten how enjoyable this movie is. Thoroughly enjoyed it, highly recommended.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES
mentalist3d
Grafter

Re: well I was bored!!

I still remember the buzz and hype when it first came out., quite funny the first time around, haven't seen it in years though. Another good one probably around at the same time (give or take a couple of years) is Kingpin, watched it yesterday and it still has some very good timeless slapstick Smiley
scootie
Grafter

it was on tv a few weeks ago, enjoyed it the first time and still gives me a giggle when ive seen the many times since.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Another "sport" movie I enjoyed was Blackball. Set around a flat green bowls club. Quintessentially English/British humour, with the ubiquitous (American) supporting actor James Cromwell (Sum of all Fears, The Green Mile and many others) playing a grumpy old Englishman. 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I recently watched 'A league of the own' again, the movie about the womens baseball teams set up during WW2.  Some good performances and a great song at the end from Madonna.