Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

we're all terrorists ya here

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

we're all terrorists ya here

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/young-people-who-question-government-policy-or-the-med...
not sure about the rest of you but there "signs" perfectly fit the category of "normal boys being boys" when I was growing up....
I realise that Orwell saw it all coming decades ago (he just got the date wrong) but seriously when did the nutters start writing the policy papers to steal our ability to free thinking ?
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: we're all terrorists ya here

At the risk of sounding like you... I'll enter this thread and post views.
From my POV the politicians are now becoming a tad worried that they've been screwing with the world so much over the years that the younger generations are now prepared to stand up and fight. I'm not even talking about ISIS here either - I'm talking about people everywhere. When I was a teenager it was quite common for young blokes to want some sort of revenge against the system for making life so incredibly difficult. Many still do. It was a poor area with many people suffering at the hands of the benefits system that makes life incredibly hard to survive on.
Lets face it, those in power always look out for themselves and anyone who disagrees with THEM, IS a threat to THEM. These days that equates to being a terrorist.
Councils previously using anti terror laws to inspect peoples bins and things... it's all about power and money. Except with ISIS.. to them its about enjoying making other peoples lives difficult under the guise of religion (that includes taliban and others).
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro

the thing is its labour council, and that was pretty much the way they viewed anyone that dissented hence the draconian spying opportunities for councils and the ability to declare anyone a terrorist and hold them without charge indefinitely/
those left wing nutters probably do believe the tripe they put into words in those leaflets, I don't, i realised quite quickly that those great sounding anti terrorism initiatives policies and laws were all facing inwards rather than outwards which was exactly what Lenin and Stalin did to their country before the iron curtain went up, its exactly what chairman Mao did to his country, and recently we find out that labour party members are such good commies they have well thumbed copies of the little red book ..... lock them up in the loony bin, don't have one that's fine stick them on a defunct ferry (Serco must have a couple going spare after its floating prisons idea belly flopped)
thing is I like many others like the sound of a lot of initiatives and policy changes that crop up but I totally despise some as well, I agree with things like the "snoopers charter " and the bedroom tax (both labour ideas stolen by the Tories and moved from local pilot programs to nationwide programs) I agree with the necessity to bomb Syria (although in fairness I would just carpet bomb to oblivion and let them stat again because none of what's still there fighting on any side is reliable moderate or trustworthy all sides are lying on that point) I agree with some of the changes to the welfare system (some were just plain out wrong some don't go far enough) but at the same time I agree with peoples right to protest in a moderated fashion (don't care how loud long frequent or annoying the marches are so long as they stick to waving shouting and walking and avoid the rioting)
but attempting to claim anyone that gets upset or angry about these topics is a radical is just plain out stupid, I regularly engage my offspring in lively discussions about various policies, we debate topics and we generally reach a consensus of opinion very rarely do we actually agree anything that's spouted in the mainstream rags is the truth, and often we watch the news just so we can se how it compares to reports from other places then discuss it and reasons why the loony left or the barmy right have slanted an article in a particular way, if that makes us terrorists or conspira loons then it does the same of everyone that ever took part in a debate ..... 
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: nanotm
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/young-people-who-question-government-policy-or-the-med...

Whoever wrote this piece of censored is extremely full of it.