cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watching endeavor launch live

Community Veteran

Re: watching endeavor launch live

I missed it after all that - but a testimony to the team that went through it all six times before she went.
I might be quite a sight and sound to be there.............
Community Veteran

After all that you had an early night Wink
Yes, you are right.  It is a great thing to see live.  I've done it twice.  Have to say you get a better view on TV but you lack the atmosphere.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I see that the Endeavor is in serious trouble, will it finish the mission satisfactorily http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8158350.stm
Community Veteran

it's the ISS loo PP not Endevour's that has broken.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did you read all the article, the Endeavor is currently joined up with the ISS
Community Veteran

Yes read it last night.  just to confirm the loo on Endevour is still working OK.  It's the one on the ISS that is broken.  This was also confirmed earlier by NASA.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 68

Have to say you get a better view on TV but you lack the atmosphere.

@artmo, You're right there! I saw one live about must be 7 or 8 years ago, the noise and vibration its incredible!!!.
We manged to get launch passes to KSC , this was way before the security issues. We sat on the grass at the side of NASA causeway I think and watched the lift off across the water. Nearly didnt get there in time for the launch though! We were staying on the west coast , just south of Clearwater, about 3 hours(ish) from KSC. What we didn't allow for was the amount of traffic as we got close to KSC, we made it with about 10 mins to spare as I remember...
Fixes: 188

One of those sights to see before you die Shocked

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 64.0 (64-bit)

Community Veteran

Although it really is fake - or at least recreated - the sound track to the film of Apollo 13 is very good when put through with a good sound system :-).
I never saw the film in a really good cinema with surround sound - but I hear it was good >
One day I might get to see and feel a real launch
Community Veteran

@MisterW yes, I think the whole of Florida heads for Kennedy and traffic just grinds to a halt.  I stay on the West Coast of Florida, a little north of St Pete, and on one occasion we had a terrific view from the beach.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 68

@artmo, You must be pretty close to where we stayed, North Reddington beach I think ?
Got to say I envy you, havent been out there for about 5 years. Last few times we went we stayed on Longboat Key. I think we watched a launch from the bayside pier on Anna Maria Island one year. Pretty good view, but not the same as watching from KSC, no probs with traffic though! only one road on Longboat and Anna Maria and not much traffic off season ( Oct ).