updates

thisoldman
Grafter

updates

9 REPLIES
gswindale
Grafter

Re: updates

What's that about - is the link worksafe?
Fixes: 104

is anything tom posts worksafe?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

If the engineering profession continues to go downhill because of lack of interest on everyone's part, the ONLY way we will as a nation be able to construct and manage our infrastructure will be to import the expertise from abroad. If we can encourage overseas students to study and stay here at least we'll have a chance.
We are supposed to be building and operating umpteen nuclear power stations by not-too-far-away. What with? All the expertise which we did have, and which built that last nuclear power plants, has either been paid off or more likely, retired, with no replacements. Same goes for conventional power plant. Same goes for most major industries.
I'm not sure whether TOM et al is just suffering from the same lack of interest, or just plain short-sightedness, or what. Maybe it's what!!  Grin
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: nozzer
All the expertise which we did have, and which built that last nuclear power plants, has either been paid off or more likely, retired, with no replacements.
Certainly true of anyone involved in the old magnox stations - it was in the late 1950s that I worked for Atomic Power Constructions who went on to build Trawsfwynnd in North Wales.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Shame isn't it that government after government are blind to what they're doing to our once great nation. There will be a time when we can't even manufacture defence systems to defend ourselves with soon.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I didn't think we could
pierre_pierre
Grafter

we dont seem to bad at building space bits for other to blast into space
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I dunno.. if you saw the recent news story about our latest satellite which uses mobile tech then it don't look like much to boast about.
Sure.. we are still putting stuff up there but thats on the back of launchers from other countries because we no longer have any of our own and everything we do have is diminishing.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
pierre_pierre
Grafter