Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unpopular coalition

magnetism2772
Grafter

unpopular coalition

Why after only 13 weeks of the liberal party joining forces with a tory party
to form a government in the UK is the liberal parties popularity with its own voters in the country so low?
Lib Dem support has collapsed from 23 per cent to just 12
and the Tories are down from 36 per cent at the election to just 29 per cent
After listening to the deputy leader of the liberal party on Sunday television
saying the liberals would not enter into a coalition at the next election
and any person thinking to vote liberal  should know they will be voting for
a liberal party as government, not as a coalition
why would a voter of voted otherwise  ?
Now the leaders in liberal party  rule a contradictory party 
it has said all this in coalition ,while it collaborates with
the tories
Any policy  is joint policy  whether and  where  to make public expenditure cuts during the next 5 years
how to pay for Trident, cut the numbers of Police , the number of jobs  ,close schools  etc
36 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: unpopular coalition

Personally I think the two things that shouldn't be debated in ChitChat are politics and religion.
I intend to keep my thoughts to myself and wish others would do the same  Angry
Community Veteran

Particularly when they are so badly presented and in such poor English. Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I am also getting fed up with the Far right barging in on lots of posts and a few far left,  I do try and keeps politics and religion out of it, We had enough trouble a few months ago
magnetism2772
Grafter

Particularly when they are so badly presented and in such poor English

the presentation is taken in parts from
the figures are from a recent harris /daily mail poll
and from an interview with the deputy liberal leader shown yesterday on a sunday  tv show
albeit  written in my own words
tyvm
magnetism2772
Grafter

am also getting fed up with the Far right barging in on lots of posts and a few far left,  I do try and keeps politics and religion out of it, We had enough trouble a few months ago

Just relaying  on some facts
is  that  ok ?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the few month comment was about this forum, we had bad trouble with a "Peculiar"  poster completley disrupting and making other people leave for an alternative PN  communication method
magnetism2772
Grafter

the few month comment was about this forum, we had bad trouble with a "Peculiar"  poster completley disrupting and making other people leave for an alternative PN  communication method

skipping the topic  for one moment
do you mean peculiar as in 'those who does not agree  with any particular points?'
or some other form of  peculiar
Its looks  peculiar  to myself since ive been reading here
I too was thinking to look for an alternative  route  besides this forum  and skip them
gswindale
Grafter

One point:
Whenever a party comes into power; their popularity pretty much always takes a dip.
magnetism2772
Grafter

this forum is full of  weirdo's
and  not a fitting  place for the public to visit to discuss anything
nadger
Rising Star

A lot of serious discussions take place here on subjects like digital tv , cameras, cars etc.
There's also quite a lot of friendly banter across the North/South divide.
As I've already said having someone else's political views pushed down one's throat isn't what ChitChat is about.
magnetism2772
Grafter

I shall join the others because of some of  the regular posters here
and  leave for an alternative PN  communication method
Community Veteran

It is disappointing to see that Chit Chat regulars still don't appear to have learnt the lesson from ‘the incident’ that's already received references in this thread: if a post is not welcome here, just ignore it. Giro has just as much a right to start threads about what he wants in this board as anyone else does, provided it remains within the forum rules. Please remember that.
That doesn't however mean that members have a right to disrupt others' threads; where this happens, as ever, the moderators will be happy to have a look should someone raise the issue to us via the ‘Report to moderator’ tool.
magnetism2772
Grafter

It is disappointing to see that Chit Chat regulars still don't appear to have learnt the lesson from ‘the incident’ that's already received references in this thread: if a post is not welcome here, just ignore it. Giro has just as much a right to start threads about what he wants in this board as anyone else does, provided it remains within the forum rules. Please remember that
why do some enter and post  into  what is clearly headed as a political thread when they have no serious intention to discuss or to  take part in it ?
highlighting what Be3g has already said
if some-one is abusive, swears ,  or harasses you or just plainly makes you feel  uncomfortable
report it to a room moderator in the first instance
but if it continues  then please contact plusnet directly
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be beautiful if you can, Wise or cute if you want to... But be respectful-that is essential.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

magnetism2772
Grafter

these figures are  showing that this coalition  can not be a   'strong and stable' government '  as the crisis appears to call for
It is not the Tory government which their voters  voted for , or the government the liberals voted for
the liberals, they are stray dogs  licking up scraps beneath a Tory table
will  ,  when or even should the liberal party revolt if they  do  not get their way?
as ideologically the Lib Dems are, by their nature, men and women who wear their consciences as martyrs' crowns
and on what  issue  of  tory policy should the  liberals with clegg  not  be willing to concede on?