cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talk talk,,,

kdoug007
Grafter

talk talk,,,

seem to be  getting  loads  of  flyers in the  door  re  talk talks £6.50  pm  thingy  unlimited,,,,
  is  there a  catch ,,,  Lips are sealed
11 REPLIES
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: talk talk,,,

Just put them in the bin.
Fixes: 47

No catch at all if you follow MC's advice.....I do.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I never seem to get these - totally unfair as I have to buy the occasional newspaper to line the bottom of the cat's litter tray.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.

Yep you don't want Talk Talk getting their contractual clause into you Wink
kdoug007
Grafter

its  the  small print ,,, they say £3.25  per month  to start  .,. but there is a  £30  connection  fee..  so that wipes  any  saving  out.
    when  ever  i read  a bout  talk  talk ,, there  seem to be loads  of  moans  and  groanes...
i  was paying £6.50pm  with PN  then went to 60 gbs £11.49 pm  emmm.. 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It's not just about price but service.
I think TT are at the top of the list for complaints.
James
Grafter

TalkTalk says that complaints are down but there is more to do

Probably to install patches in their call filtering system Wink
CX
Grafter

Their current radio campaign is great. "Unlimited music... unlimited TV... unlimited blah blah blah". Wow, great. And it tops BT and Sky packages too (but what about Plusnet?)  - where do I sign up.
...then you get to the legal blurb tacked onto the end which says something along the lines of "Download speeds restricted at peak times".
How is that "unlimited"? If download speeds are restricted (i.e. limited), then by definition the package is not "unlimited". What do they define as a download? Everything is downloaded, otherwise you couldn't view it. Or do they just mean P2P? Or software updates from Apple, Microsoft etc? Or Netflix, iTunes, LoveFilm etc? I guess I could go onto their flashy but useless website and give them my number, so that I can read the T&C before signing up, but then I don't really want to get back onto their "we will ring you at meal time every day for a fortnight" list.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Quote from: CX
the legal blurb tacked onto the end which says something along the lines of "Download speeds restricted at peak times".

Which is exactly the same as Plusnet's legacy unlimited package.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Except that PlusNet openly tell you exactly what 'restricted' means on all products where any restriction applies.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.