cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strava

penneck
Grafter

strava

My son and I are both runners. He has a contract phone, on which he had loaded an app called Strava. This uses the GPS facility to plot and measure any run he does.
Recently his phone was upgraded. He gave me the old phone, so I have been trying to use it to make use of Strava. It works fairly well, but when I have finished a run, and try to save the data, it sits there trying to sync, then after a while I get a Data Sync Error message. If I go to his house, Syncing works perfectly.
At his house this phone can connect to his wifi. At my house, it says it is connected to my wifi, but that is where I usually am when trying to save the data, and where the sync doesn't work.
Is there a problem with the setup of the phone - e.g. Strava is set up for his wifi but not for mine?
Is the problem that there is something I need to do to my computer to get it to work with Strava? If so what is it?
Thanks for any help
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: strava

strava simply uploads its data using any possible connection, be it mobile or wifi.
it sounds like the phone is not properly connected to your wifi, or your local network is blocking the traffic.
penneck
Grafter

Re: strava

I've just taken a look at my router, and it mentioned an Android source that was blocked by it. It listed the MAC address for it, but I couldn't identify the MAC address in my phone. However, I took a chance on it, and hey presto, Strava synced.
So my thanks to chenks 76