Re: shocking

shocking

A lot of our history is, we're not a very nice species Sad
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

He's part of history now. Trying to erase history is a futile and dangerous process. Take Carthage as an example.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Hitler's artworks are generally considered to have limited artistic merit

Yet looking at the picture it's actually very good  I couldn't draw (yet alone paint) something with that detail if my life depended on it (which back then, it may well have).
I do think it's a disgrace that anything he's done could be considered so valuable but if that had someone elses name on it, you'd agree that they were talented.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Anything, and everything has a value......
the "monetry" value is dictated by the amount that people will pay for an item.... 
Anyone who has watched "flog-it" .... or  Antiques road show... will know that ..... rusty old bits of metal, some would throw in a skip, have fetched hundreds of pounds on that show... if they had belonged to Churchill, or Hitler,... they would have fetched thousands....
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Anyone who has watched "flog-it" .... or  Antiques road show... will know that ..... rusty old bits of metal, some would throw in a skip, have fetched hundreds of pounds on that show... if they had belonged to Churchill, or Hitler,... they would have fetched thousands....

Interesting you say that.. we were watching posh pawn the other week and something to do with hitler came in the door for valuation / sale.
The bloke wouldn't deal with it at all  Grin
Community Veteran

The OP obviously doesn't understand the consequences of his suggested action Undecided
Community Veteran

Neither will anyone else unless you explain.
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up

Interesting you say that.. we were watching posh pawn the other week and something to do with hitler came in the door for valuation / sale.

Pathetic, really,..... if he was trying to "deny" Hitler existed.... then he was equally "denying" that the holocaust happened.... aside from that.... his actions would be acceptable, IF the money was going to Hitler.... however, as he committed suicide, he isn`t really entitled to any money.... and therefore he ( the dealer ) probably missed out on handling some historic artefact, and his comission for doing so 
Fixes: 125

Quote from: St3
All of his work should be binned
If we did that aren't we reducing ourselves to the same level as the book burning that happening in the early thirties in Germany?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter

Pathetic, really,..... if he was trying to "deny" Hitler existed.... then he was equally "denying" that the holocaust happened.... aside from that.... his actions would be acceptable, IF the money was going to Hitler.... however, as he committed suicide, he isn`t really entitled to any money.... and therefore he ( the dealer ) probably missed out on handling some historic artefact, and his comission for doing so 

There is more compelling evidence that Hitler faked his suicide and lived out his days in Austria with full knowledge of the americans who basically wanted him to stop being a pest.
You don't really think BIG people ever take a loss do you? - No they're always allowed to go with dignity for some pathetic reason while the rest of us pay the price for it. The only exception I can think of is Saddam.
itsme
Grafter

Benito Mussolini
Community Veteran

There is more compelling evidence that Hitler faked his suicide and lived out his days in Austria with full knowledge of the americans who basically wanted him to stop being a pest.

And your source of this "compelling evidence " is................. ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56