Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saunter along the sea road.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

saunter along the sea road.

I won't use the word walk, because I never know how ell it may turn out. I can be proceeding quite well, and then I can be all over the shop, may be from age or a mini stroke from a decade or so ago. 

I haven't done it for nearly two years, a walk from Boscombe Gardens through the Boscombe Chine. up a long hill and on to Bournemouth by Overcliffe,  top road. I was not fast, but I did it. The Undercliffe would have been better, nut it is blocked by a three + year ago cliff fall. Funny thing is, instead of wearing my good shoes, I chose on impulse my old canvas gym shoes from bypass rehab sixteen years back- thick absolutely flat soles.

We made sure we had a nice start with coffees at the Gardens cafe, whose outlook has been much improved since the demolition of a defunct vandalised hotel, ther from when we moved from E.Sussex.

Let's hope the cliff stabilisation doesn't take as long.

Wake up there! I've finished.:D

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: saunter along the sea road.

@Luzern glad you enjoyed your walk and made it all the way ok. I too dont get out and walk very far, ills can be a problem(bad heart and copd) but a couple of weeks ago went to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and walked all the way round ( 2hours) so was very pleased with myself.

Didnt fall asleep reading, was nice to read a civalised post!!!Cool_smileyThumbs_Up

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Filey beach is good for a long stroll. I've lost my sense of time on many occasions there. I've also lost my sense on many occasions too!

Do you find that the old feet seem to get more painful as time goes by, especially the soles? 

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Sounds a very nice walk

A lot better than my usual walk around the shops.

I always like a good walk around various parts of the New Forest when I can. It's the only place I can be sure not to see the same old take aways / coffee shops. Most urban areas seem all the same to me nowadays.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@billnotben  

@billnotben wrote:

Sounds a very nice walk

I always like a good walk around various parts of the New Forest when I can.

@billnotben  I guess you are far away. I'm very fortunate being so near to it, so much so that my house since 2005 has abutted on the boundary. Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Salisbury, and along to Lymington are bus rides away; Southampton too by Nat Ex

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.