Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repeat prescriptions

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

repeat prescriptions

SWMBO is on a repeat prescription,
Until now all she has needed to do is to send an email to the surgery (i.e. forward last months email with date change), then pickup the drugs the next day.
The surgery has recently switched to emis, she needs to remember passwords, practice numbers,  and access numbers, can't but think this is a retrograde step.
She is now reverting to using the telephone.
Anyone else have an opinion?
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: repeat prescriptions

Those "security" details, could be written down on a card, and she could refer to them when she has to make a email request....
(it`s not as if it is accessing the bank account..... )
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

I've got an emis login for my surgery but TBH I don't use it for repeat prescriptions. I just get SWMBO to drop the repeat prescription request into the local Boots, they handle it and tell her when it can be collected.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I just use Lloyds repeat service, they send the line in every month, all I have to do is collect and check what is needed the next month  Smiley Nice and easy.
My practice has NEVER offered an email service, I used to phone/drop in to re-order. (Being a diabetic I get a LOT of tablets every month  Lips are sealed)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: MisterW
repeat prescription request into the local Boots,

So happens that Boots have their own repeat ordering system which works pretty well, just need to phone the branch nearest to you for repeats. It needs to be set up with a simple form...ask your local Boots.
Do look out for smaller branches of Boots that may not have Boots over the door, but actually are. We have two chemy's in our village high street, neither are called Boots but, in fact both are. These also have the repeat ordering system available.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Petlew
So happens that Boots have their own repeat ordering system which works pretty well, just need to phone the branch nearest to you for repeats.

Exactly the same with Lloyds, who I use.
You do have to register first but after that it's very easy.
Community Veteran

I just email my doctor and then collect the prescription the next time I'm near the surgery.  Works fine for me.
nadger
Rising Star

We used to just email but now have to login to website using email addresses and passwords.
I book repeats and then phone local pharmacy to collect prescriptions.
Biggest problem is doctors not always issuing my prescriptions as requested. They obviously control tablets but I control all the products I need for my stoma and I have accounts with a couple of suppliers.
When I order, the supplier writes to doctor requesting a prescription for the items which isn't a 4 weekly amount.
A couple of times recently the pharmacy has been given prescriptions for all my items, despite note saying tablets only, and got these items in - very difficult for them to understand that I prescribe and select products and that doctor has no actual say.
Because of this I now have enough night bags to last me into 2012 and have had to devote a large cupboard to store the boxes  Cry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Likewise nager. Also used the GP surgery system for some time. Worked Ok until a large number of new properties were built around here increasing the number of people by a quite large percentage serviced by the practice. Since then not only is it more difficult to get an appointment with a preferred GP, the repeat ordering system went to pieces with many errors or requests simply being lost.
The Boots system is a lot more reliable.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the poor outlander 3 mile rules are a bit stupid, My surgery has its own dispensary, we hand in our repeat request and pick up the prescription 48 hours later, to take to a chemist, those that live the 3 mile can get it made up in the surgery.
BUT, on the corner of the building is a chemist, why cant those people take it to the chemist like the rest of us and do away with the in house dispensary?
new surgery below, bit impressive
pierre_pierre
Grafter

another shot of building, with the new PFI community hospital  under crane in background
nadger
Rising Star

The two suppliers I use for non tablet items have 0800 numbers but, due to a change in government regs one has to wait a fortnight for supplies whereas it used to be only two days. They deliver direct to ones home on prearranged date and, in 18 months, have proved to be very reliable. They arrange prescription.
They also supply certain facilities that my local pharmacy can't do, like free disposable bags and free wipes. They also have open days and we went to Safari Lodge, at Woburn Abbey, for one event early summer.
Must be good business as, if one contacts a manufacturer for samples, they really try to get ones future business.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

my poor old surgery, still unsold after three years
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

We Registered with the local health centre to make appointments and request prescriptions via the internet but the system was down on a number of occassions with the message to try again later.
To be honest I got fed up with that so a single phone call gets me a repeat prescription which is sent over to the chemist, so no waiting when I arrive to collect it.
It is possible to have it delivered (free) but I am quite able to collect it.