Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real Ale

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

real Ale

think we need some help  Wink come on PN lets get some signatures sign the petition NOW !!

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
8 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: real Ale

well you seem to be winning the war over that foreign stuff http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17211485
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

A worthy cause - signed.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

A quality lager like you get on draft on the continent, cannot be compared to the swill that you get in a UK pub.
Frozen, gassed to with in an inch of its life, and virtually tasteless = UK lager.
Produced using the method Lagering the EU beer is very tasty and not usually served at freezing point, that is a US idea I believe.
However that all said I was a member of CAMERA for many years, and have been a craft brewer for nearly 20 years (I brew Ale using Malted Barley, water, yeast and a few speciality grains for colour etc)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

What's a craft brewer ?
Do you mean you brew your own or do you mean you work for a brewery ?
Community Veteran

A craft brewer is one who makes his own ale/tipple.
It is used to distinguish us from those who use kits and just bung in a couple of bags of sugar to make "it stronger"
See http://craftbrewing.org.uk/ & http://www.scottishcraftbrewers.org
I used to work at Traquair Brewery, but that was over 30 years ago  Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Had a look around copper dragon brewery based in Skipton about 6 months ago. It's Fairly new & the guy who owns it invented a number of features not found in other breweries, for example after boiling the wort it would be left to cool until it reached a temperature where the yeast could be added but this period could often take up to a day, so he designed what I can only describe as a large radiator system attached to the vats so the wort could be cooled to the correct temperature within a few hours. This meant the yeast could be added within hours so he saved a day a week and thus increased his output (and profit)
This was only one of many ideas which turned out to be a very interesting tour.
Community Veteran

Plate chillers are nothing new, most brewery's use them or something similar. I use an thing called an immersion chiller, which is a coil of copper placed in the boiler then cold water is passed through it cooling the wort (pre-fermented beer) down in <30min usually.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'm a big fan of 'proper' beer, quite agree with HB about quality Lager though (although my preference is dark ale).
Signed the petition a good while ago but would encourage as many as possible to support the cause.
Made my own in my younger years (not from kits).  You can't beat a decent pint of good British Ale.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.