Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rant about 02

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

rant about 02

i took a contract out 2 years ago on a new phone, i was given a £2.50 discount on my tarriff and was told id get to keep this even after my contracted ended. At the time i made the deal i used 02 chat so i could clearly read all info before signing upto the deal, 02 at the time said because i was a loyal customer of many years now id get to keep the discount.
So my contract ran out 3 weeks ago .. i login to my account to see the discount removed, after chatting on 02 chat with a member of staff im told that all my past chats for the deals ive done are logged but the deal i don on this phone can not be found ??... lol 02 even tried to say i did the deal over the phone, which i never do because i like to see things in print.
While trying to find my chat`s from the deal i did, the advisor kept trying to talk me into taking a new phone out then id get a better deal.................... after i noticed the advisor was not listening to me and he/she was canstantly trying to get me to take out a new phone i repeatly asked if it was fine for me to close chat as i no longer require anymore help, 5 times i was ignored as the advisor tried to get me to phone 02 to arrange a new deal because im good customer lol. 02 basicly told me there was nothing they could do so In 3 months time my other contract phone expires then im moving provider..... after all these years this is how im treated and to think for a long time now ive often spoken highly about them Sad
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
6 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

Re: rant about 02

Hi St3
Make an official complaint: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Info under Complaint Review Service heading.
I made a complaint the other month via email  , had a response within about 7 days , sorted out very quickly within a 15 min phone call from them, and a letter in a pdf format to my email with the agreed outcome
Kind regards
Mike
Mike
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Ye i am with O2 , altho i dont have any problems They do keep asking me to upgrade to a new phone , even as i refuse everytime
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

If you're out of contract and don't want/need a new phone it might be worth asking to be switched to a SIM only contract.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Superuser
Superuser

A lot of the mvno can beat the big guys (depending on what you want) on sim only.
With O2 you can transfer your number to another O2 contact , thats what i did last year ( wanted new phone) , as the standard 3rd party price was cheaper , than the retention deal , also got quidco for a new contract
regards
Mike
Mike
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

thanks ill look into that, all i wanted is what i was promised, ive been with 02 for about 14 years now i just expected better.
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran

A line everyone should use when deals are offered:
"Can I get that in writing?"
Paper copies of the deal mean they can't worm out of it...