Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rant about 02

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

rant about 02

i took a contract out 2 years ago on a new phone, i was given a £2.50 discount on my tarriff and was told id get to keep this even after my contracted ended. At the time i made the deal i used 02 chat so i could clearly read all info before signing upto the deal, 02 at the time said because i was a loyal customer of many years now id get to keep the discount.
So my contract ran out 3 weeks ago .. i login to my account to see the discount removed, after chatting on 02 chat with a member of staff im told that all my past chats for the deals ive done are logged but the deal i don on this phone can not be found ??... lol 02 even tried to say i did the deal over the phone, which i never do because i like to see things in print.
While trying to find my chat`s from the deal i did, the advisor kept trying to talk me into taking a new phone out then id get a better deal.................... after i noticed the advisor was not listening to me and he/she was canstantly trying to get me to take out a new phone i repeatly asked if it was fine for me to close chat as i no longer require anymore help, 5 times i was ignored as the advisor tried to get me to phone 02 to arrange a new deal because im good customer lol. 02 basicly told me there was nothing they could do so In 3 months time my other contract phone expires then im moving provider..... after all these years this is how im treated and to think for a long time now ive often spoken highly about them Sad
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 7

Re: rant about 02

Hi St3
Make an official complaint: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Info under Complaint Review Service heading.
I made a complaint the other month via email  , had a response within about 7 days , sorted out very quickly within a 15 min phone call from them, and a letter in a pdf format to my email with the agreed outcome
Kind regards
Mike
Mike
Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Ye i am with O2 , altho i dont have any problems They do keep asking me to upgrade to a new phone , even as i refuse everytime
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

If you're out of contract and don't want/need a new phone it might be worth asking to be switched to a SIM only contract.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 7

A lot of the mvno can beat the big guys (depending on what you want) on sim only.
With O2 you can transfer your number to another O2 contact , thats what i did last year ( wanted new phone) , as the standard 3rd party price was cheaper , than the retention deal , also got quidco for a new contract
regards
Mike
Mike
Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

thanks ill look into that, all i wanted is what i was promised, ive been with 02 for about 14 years now i just expected better.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

A line everyone should use when deals are offered:
"Can I get that in writing?"
Paper copies of the deal mean they can't worm out of it...