Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Nailed it!"

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

"Nailed it!"

Well, I mentioned in another thread.. that I was going to cover the existing rotten decking with some 8 x 4 foot boards..

Being "confined to barracks" still, I asked my son in law to get the boards, and 500gm of 2 inch  round head nails... as I did not need a big quantity...  Yeah... you guessed it... he brought a tub with 2Kg of 2 inch round head nails..

So.. here`s one for your creative minds.... 

What could you possibly make with just 2Kg of 2 inch round head nails..

Possible idea.... make some "one use only "    "Stinger" and give them to the local traffic cops ! ..

I do not have welding equipment... so you will have to be very creative  in how, "whatever" you think of is constructed ! ! ! ..

6 REPLIES 6
Mook
Champion
Fixes: 2

Re: "Nailed it!"

You could go down the acupressure route and create yourself a bed of nails.

twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Bang 'em into BoJo's head, might knock some sense into him, though that said you may need more than 2KG for that to be effective... 🤣

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

@shutter  You could do something like Bradford artist Marcus Levine has done. Created a montage picture of Captain Tom Moore with nails! Looks fantastic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-leeds-52856247/artwork-made-of-thousands-of-nails-honours-c...

Mook
Champion
Fixes: 2

@TTman @shutter Can't do that, not through a lack of talent but he's a Yorkshire man and that means spending more money on nails, so it's a non starter. Wink

Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 191

You could  go onto an auction site flogging coat hooks, only £4.99 each including postage.

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@shutter wrote:

Well, I mentioned in another thread.. that I was going to cover the existing rotten decking with some 8 x 4 foot boards..

Being "confined to barracks" still, I asked my son in law to get the boards, and 500gm of 2 inch  round head nails... as I did not need a big quantity...  Yeah... you guessed it... he brought a tub with 2Kg of 2 inch round head nails..

@shutter 

Screw that!

Literally.

Pros ... Screws would make for a far better job than nails, mainly due to preventing the boards springing up due to warpage.

Cons ... Screws would probably cost you more than nails! 

Hopefully you remembered to get galvanised nails, but they'd probably cost you more too!