cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qrz.com

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

qrz.com

Can some kind persons please try to open www.qrz.com ?
I am having  " Problem loading page"..... Try again...... ( several times )
Tks
Wink
Never mind.......... seems like their server is down on the login side..... will give it a go later on tonight.....
18 REPLIES
Fixes: 102

Re: qrz.com

meh. didn't read the post fully.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

As previously mentioned.... never mind.... it is working OK now !....
was a problem with the "log in" page, seems to have sorted itself out....  Smiley
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

hey shutter i have old radios too Wink
I have these radios in my loft, still in great working order
http://c0.dmlimg.com/1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336b26d628674ed28cab2b2a063fb4e9c6f.jpg
http://www.alan-uk.com/cb/images/midland_98_plus.jpg
http://cobraworxshopz.com/images/Rotel_RVC_240_WORX.jpg?962
Also had one of these http://media.photobucket.com/image/midland%20homebase%20/PAULS9/KGrHqIOKjoE6T-PY9LBOrzR5lJ60_12.jpg
But i sold it 4 year ago for about £200 on e-bay! It was a rather nice rig too.
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Those Midland Homebase models weren't cheap in "their day" and supposedly quite good IIRC, my eyebrows went up when I saw the price you got for it! I've a York 863 (IIR the model number correctly) which has identical innards to the Rotel and a couple of other UK and EU band units around which I will have to did out sometime and fire up - have to put up an Ae and find the SWR meters  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Not "into" CB.... just Short Wave Listening, to digital modes mainly.... like to copy CW (morse) if I can find any... ( 4XZ Israeli Navy broacast, seems to be the only stuff around now).... I have three Short wave communications receivers 0. to 30 mcs, and use a plug system I made up to apply a choice of three aerials... ( Soon to be four when I make it ! ! !)...
Here is my setup....
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

ive also had a york 863 in my day, i loved it so much i think swapped it for another radio maybe a maycom... anyways i have a couple of swr meters and loads of pl plugs,cables,antennas everything is in the loft.
I think i once had an antron 99 on the side of my parents home years ago. What with pc`s being the thing i put all my radio stuff away.
Ive actully been thinking about selling the lincon, i was told i may get 80 quid for it.
Anyways i used to get all my cb stuff from knights http://www.kcb.co.uk/shop2/
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Heloman
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Not "into" CB.... just Short Wave Listening, to digital modes mainly.... like to copy CW (morse) if I can find any... (

Once a "sparks" always a "sparks", eh shutter?
Wink
Community Veteran

Very True....
The internet has "killed off" the worldwide HF communications I enjoyed so much..... Cry
Community Veteran

Yes, it's rather a shame. Even Ham radio is not the same. Last time I listened on 2m it was full of yobs, and I expect top band is virtually dead?
Community Veteran

The lower radio (FRG 8800) is capable of receiving on the 2mtr band, but I find it very difficult to find anybody on there.... despite living in a very urban location, ... Never quite understood the need for VHF and UHF in the ham bands, ( except for experimentations ).. as it is mainly "line of sight", between aerials, so no great distance between tx and rx.... therefore, it follows that you will only hear/contact the same people over a period of time...  (OK so you can get Tropo lift and poss moonbounce, but you need money to do that stuff! )
HF bands are quite active, including the "new" bands .... Top band is difficult to work due to the size of aerials required... and also low power ( I believe ). I have heard some activitiy on there from time to time, and it is always worth a quick tune down there to see what you can find..
My favourite band at the moment is 15 mtrs... ( 21 mcs) using PSK and picking up contacts from all over the world... USA west coast.... Chile.... Reunion (indian ocean) and Western Siberia come to mind......  propogation seems to be pretty good at the moment.
Community Veteran

I used to spend a small amount of time looking for SSTV stuff. I might still have a few pics on a very old computer if it hasn't died a death since I last powered it up several years ago! Is there much of that about these days?
Community Veteran

I, too, like to get SSTV pics..... not really TV... more Coloured Fax pics... but hey !... Must say there does not seem to be much around... used to be a lot on 14230, mainly Italians, but seems to have died in favour of PSK31 PSK62 etc....  I still chase HF FAX from Boston Massachusets... on 12750, but propogation at that freq, does not seem tobe so good when I am listening,  Could do with better aerials, methinks!...
If you want to go for digital modes, a free prog, and easy to use, is Multipsk..... not so good for HF fax or SSTV  ( Although will work )... I prefer SEATTY for FAX and MMSSTV or MMTTY for sstv and rtty, respectively.... ( ALL FREE ) 
If you want to get into/upgrade your morse..... G4FON Koch Morse Trainer... (free)
Community Veteran

I'll have to take a look at that lot when I have time. God knows what the program was that I used for the SSTV. Somewhere, I've got 2 or 3 interface boards for connecting the Rx to a serial port.
Community Veteran

No need for interface boards now.!..... you probably used a DOS prog  (JVFAX  ? ? ?  )

all you need now is a Rx with a REC or LINE OUT socket, and a double ended line jack ( mono or stereo) to the MIC or LINE IN socket on your laptop/soundcard..... (don`t use the phones socket.)
If you get lots of noise affecting your "waterfall", you might find this little item interesting....

( Only found it last night, so can`t vouch for it, but his "trace" looks good...).... you need the 600ohm/600ohm transformer from an old computer sound card... as found in junk boxes the world over ! ! ...
(Now where is the next carboot sale ? ? ? ?)
There are plenty of vids on youtube about how to receive PSK ...( and other modes I suspect )