cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phishing mail

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

phishing mail

I'm sure no body in this forum would be caught out by this rather crude scam mail, but just in case.
It purports to be from NatWest security department and will if you open the link to your account information to correct, as your account is locked due to incorrect details.
Apart that NatWest will never ask for this information by email, it signs itself off as National Westminster Bank, which is only 30 to 40 years out-of-date since they called themselves that.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: phishing mail

I've had one before from CO-OP bank (I wasn't even with em) so I just deleted. Also it is very easy fro scammers to hyper link a word to a different URL (to scammers well designed website) If it was genuine it would have 'HTTPS://' as this is the secure band.
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran

I've just had this message sent to me.  In the subject line it mentions Nationwide but in the body it states Nat West.  I've reported it to Spamcop.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

just got it and reported it to Nat West...... and .... Nationwide...
with full copy of "source"... so they should be able to sort it......
Community Veteran

Rather a poor attempt at phishing getting a bank and building society mixed up.  Spamcop will deal with it though.