Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pet hair and hoovering ...

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

pet hair and hoovering ...

Ive always had a vax for hoovering around the house only downside is its abit heavy and tricky to balance on the stairs, the hoover itself ive had about 5 years now and seams to be coming to the end of its lifespan, i was thinking about trying a henry hoover for £99 but not sure what it would be like for pet hairs. altho i only have a small dog he still manages to cast hair around the house  Roll eyes Anyways what do you peeps use ?  Im not looking to spend anymore than £150 max
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: pet hair and hoovering ...

I use a VAX air compact, similar models here (I paid half price for an older model at Tesco, definitely worth shopping around): http://www.vax.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/cylinder-vacuum-cleaners
It's lightweight and seems powerful compared to my previous cleaner, we don't have a pet hair problem though because our miniature schnauzer doesn't shed much, neither do the cats so I can't really say how good it is for pet hairs.
Years ago our old mongrel used to love being 'hoovered' using the small round brush attachment, removing much of the 'problem' at source.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 47

Quote from: St3
I was thinking about trying a henry hoover

Hoover don't make the Henry, it's made by Numatic Wink Lips are sealed
/Coat
My Vax U88-AMM-P is very good with cat hairs.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

haha strat you know what i mean Tongue
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
My Vax U88-AMM-P is very good with cat hairs.

I wouldn't have thought an upright was very good for hoovering a cat - difficult enough using an attachment on a cylinder type.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.

Quote from: St3
haha strat you know what i mean Tongue

I do indeed. You are paying Hoover a very big compliment by using their name in a generic way Cool
@w23 it's all in the technique Wink
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: w23
... hoovering a cat - difficult enough using an attachment on a cylinder type.

Probably easier if you use one of these to stop the cat moving ...

That's very good.
I'm sure my cat would prefer that to being cooped up in a plastic box.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
Hoover don't make the Henry, it's made by Numatic Wink Lips are sealed

Ah someone else who likes to correct people when it comes to using the brand name "Hoover" for the appliance that is a "vacuum cleaner", after all, you can't clean the floors with a Hoover kettle, or sweep the stairs with a Hoovermatic twintub... Grin
As for pet hair, I use a Tristar CXL (an american vacuum cleaner) coupled with a Sebo Dart power nozzle (an electrically-operated brush head), if that can't clean the carpets, then it's time to replace the carpets... Grin