cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pages unresponsive

DENNIS88

pages unresponsive

our pc has become annoyingly slow and we keep getting " pages unresponsive" over the page we are trying to use ! any ideas ?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: pages unresponsive

Download and install   CCleaner... ( free )... and run it... you may find that it will help clear out some ( a load of ) rubbish... and consequently speed up your pc..

P.S>  Welcome to the forum...  Smiley
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Also run Malwerebytes Smiley   
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/ ; bottom of page click FREE version
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

Dennis88, welcome to the forum.
I use Malaware and find it very good. I use the free version.
@Shutter, I have CC on my computer but really don't use it. I know you use it so is there a short tutorial you can write to show us how you use it?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I use CCleaner at the close of the day... usually just before I go to bed. so it clears all the junk of the previous days surfing.
I also use it, to clean up the registry, after I have installed a prog, and then uninstalled it, because I, didn`t like it, couldn`t use it, didn`t work... etc.
On opening, there are two boxes at the bottom of the screen... analyse and run cleaner... I just click the one on bottom right... "run cleaner".. and let it do it`s stuff.  it will ask you if you want to close your browser and then ask if you want to close your email... if you decide "no".. it will not clean them ...  but it will still run on.
To use the Reg cleaner you need to choose the "rubics cube" icon and, again... just let it do it`s stuff...
There will be a few "nay sayers" on here about using it to clean the registry... but I have been using it for about 10 years and have never had any problems associated with reg problems, so the naysayers can go and jump... !
I also use another cleaner  ... also free..  called Free Internet Eraser... ( has a two tone eraser for its pic)... not to be confused with Free Privacy Eraser... 
Strangely... it doesn`t matter which one I run first,  the other one will still find stuff to clean up ! ! !....  I use both on shut down at days end..
In the " Options"  choice in the menu on...  choose "settings".... then you can choose when to run it... ( I leave them all blank).  FInd.... Secure Deletion... and change it to "Secure File Deletion"" and where it says "simple Overwrite... there is a "drop down" arrow.. I choose "Advance overwrite  3 passes"..  ( you choose whatever ).
The "Tools" option... gives you an "uninstall" option, and lists all your progs..
Also a "simple" System Restore list. with dates times of any changes you did... so You can find what messed ur system up.. and go back to before it..  ( rather than use a "guess date/time" on Windows " ! ! )
So , hope that gives you some idea of how I use it...

Community Veteran

Thanks Shutter, much appreciated. Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran

Sounds more like the SN Margin has dropped and there are too many errors as a result.