Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oooOOPS... is sprite missing this......

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

oooOOPS... is sprite missing this......

Channel FIVE ...... NOW !... until 9 pm..... Roll eyes

World's Fastest Train
The making of the AGV, the next generation of France's TGV train, which is designed to reach speeds of nearly 360mph - while also being more energy-efficient than its predecessors. The programme also explores four key steps in the development of high-speed technology, including George Stephenson's 19th-century Rocket and the Japanese Bullet Train, to explain why railways are now able to safely transport more passengers at higher speeds than ever before
Category Documentary
Executive Producer Stephen Hunter
Channel 5 8:00pm-9:00pm (1 hour ) Wed 18 Jul

quote taken from http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=129038092

Of course, he can watch it later, at 9pm on channel FIVE + 1
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: oooOOPS... is sprite missing this......

Nope, I'm watching it now (well actually it's the commercials now hence I'm typing).
Cool program though, interesting to see some of the techniques they used and why.
Thanks for thinking of me  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

You may not like this one http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-18874000
Rail bosses have recommended that spectators travelling to the Olympic sailing events in Weymouth go by car.
South West Trains has warned there could be significant disruption during the Games, with an extra 80,000 passengers a day on its network.
The firm will provide extra services as it runs at up to 40% extra capacity.
But the limited power supply on the line to Weymouth, which was electrified in the 1980s and has a single track on part of it, will affect services.
South West Trains managing director Tim Shoveller said: "We'll be running diesel because we can't run electric because of the power supply problem so the park-and-ride is the primary way people are being advised to get to Weymouth for the sailing."
Asked if South West Trains could be overwhelmed, he replied: "Yes, we will just have to be honest with passengers."
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Having over the years made several trips into Weymouth by car (mostly for the Gurnsey/Jersey ferries) it is the most appalling place to get into even under good conditions. Heaven knows what normal holiday traffic, ferry traffic and the Olympics are going to be like.
The last time we went there there was a new road under construction (adding to the problems) has this been completed yet?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

It is but the locals think it has made things worse.
I have only been along it twice and it seemed to help entering Weymouth but on the way out I used my usual back street rat run to avoid the worst of the rush hour traffic