Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online chat says it's blocked with ad blocker

Highlighted
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

online chat says it's blocked with ad blocker

how do you switch these off so you can chat - I'm using Firefox and don't have any add blockers, if you don't want people to use it why allow you to find it whilst going through all the options

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Re: online chat says it's blocked with ad blocker

@ukanimalYeah, It`s a right pane..... Best thing is to install/use Internet explorer,.... or OPERA.... and use them "as is".... just for live chat...  saves all the hassle with Firefox..

Highlighted
Dabbler

cool thanks I will never us IE but will check out opera

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@ukanimal I'm using Firefox (latest version) and haven't seen any blocks for chats. However, there is the settings by the green padlock, shield etc, to the left of the URL. Not that mine say there are any special permissions granted for plus.net. I also use Adblock and that doesn't show any blocks on the chat page either. But it been a few months since I used live chat so maybe something changed.

I use Opera every now and then. Seems to be improving of late - used to be my browser of choice until they went over to the Chromium version at about version 12 🙂

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Dabbler

cool thanks, I've tried unticking everything and it still says ad blocked   so I guess it could be something hardwired into Firefox or I'm missing something

Thanks again for your help

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

@ukanimal  Did you download and install  "OPERA "   ?   should work with no problems on that....  You may get a message saying that Live Chat is not available please try later.... because they have too many "chatters" trying to connect, ...  and not enough staff to cope with them... so they put that message up... but keep trying... best times is first thing in the morning... (08:00 opening time... or later in the evening... about 20:00)