on yur bike

pierre_pierre
Grafter

on yur bike

14 REPLIES
geoffp0
Grafter

Re: on yur bike

Think I would have a problem getting my leg over to get on that bike, is a pair of steps supplied? Cheesy
Geoff
pierre_pierre
Grafter

this any better
geoffp0
Grafter

Do me fine that Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: geoffp0
Think I would have a problem getting my leg over to get on that bike, is a pair of steps supplied? Cheesy
Geoff

If you can get your leg over on that you deserve a medal!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Most mornings I pass one of those "bikes" on which the rider lays almost flat and pedals a chainset connected to the front wheel, and steers using a pair of cables and hand grips.
Has a hi-viz pennant flag on a tall antenna, which is often all I see of him. Looks pretty damned dangerous to me. Must give the rider a severe crick in the neck.
Wobbles all over the place.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have seen a recumbent bike being ridden over the Grossglockner pass, some cars have trouble getting up that
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

More like a work of art than a bike.
Certainly looks better than some works of art.
Community Veteran

@pierre, that's positively refined compared to the one I see most days. It is a three wheeler therefore a trike I suppose, But unlike some others I've seen it has the pair of wheels at the rear, most of the others I've seen have the two wheels at the front. In this case the "rider" is very low (almost laying flat, hence my comment about crick in the neck) to the ground with his head and shoulders between the rear wheels, all the wheels are the same size (unlike your pic) The rider (he) is dressed in racing gear, so perhaps its some kind of modified racing model.
But it still looks dangerous for the road. I'm sure he can't really see where he's going properly.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

who need three wheels
Community Veteran

Tell you what though, some these recumbent bike's are very expensive. Seen some of them over £2k.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I went for a cycle ride yesterday morning on my £1 mountain bike (bought from the council tip), only 10 miles along an old railway track, 5 miles out, 5 miles back.
It was a struggle, out of breath, hard work, lowest gear, almost had to stop and get my breath back, didn’t realise how unfit I was getting, yet haven’t put on any weight over the winter, I still walk 4-5 miles per day. Vowed to cycle 10 miles every day for the next month.
This morning I pumped the tyres up……………….so much easier. Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: journeys
almost had to stop and get my breath back

Water seems to do the trick better than stopping for air. No idea why but whenever I feel short of air drinking water seems to have a far faster effect.. yet so few people drink it. It seems to have a relaxing effect on the heart and lungs.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Further to unusual bikes; saw something even odder than the "flat-out" bike this morning.
In complete contrast to the very low bike referred to earlier, this one was very tall. At first sight (coming towards me) I thought somebody was riding an old fashioned penny-farthing. But seen closer, it had very small diameter wheels, the pedal cranks were very high up and drove the rear wheel via a pair of very long rods. Not a dissimilar arrangement to a steam locomotive drive coupled wheels.
There are a number of chain-less bikes around with elaborate gear drive or electric drive, but I've never seen one quite like this, the riders head must have been 6 or 7 feet above the road and looked very ungainly and just a dangerous (if you fell off it) as the very low one.

geoffp0
Grafter

Each year in Harwich we have the "Tour de Tendring" which is a cycle race for charity, normally takes place around Easter, We get a lot of cyclists come over from Holland to take part in the race, you want to see the assortment of bicycles that they bring with them, a lot of them home brewed, you have to see some of them to believe it. Grin