Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

olympics,, has someone eaten the tkts!!

kdoug007
Grafter

olympics,, has someone eaten the tkts!!

the  centre  court at  wimbledon was  1/2  full
  and  the    finals in the swimming pool  were less  thana  1/4  full...
this infact lead to a  bronze  medal  winner  to say"  whats  going on  its  daft!!"
53 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: olympics,, has someone eaten the tkts!!

The empty seats have been allocated to a company or organisation and they should be fined if they are not filling the seats.
Fixes: 47

Appropriate people claim to be looking into this as a matter of urgency.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

There was a press conference this morning to address the issue.  Action has already been taken. Empty seats have been allocated to local schools and the Armed Forces as a temporary measure.  75% of seats have been sold to UK residents and 8% allocated to sponsors.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Probably the missing are people stuck in the traffic jams caused by the Olympic Zil Lanes.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I heard from a mate of mine that they had been reliant on foreign ticket sales for the whole thing. Turns out a lot of foreigners are not as wealthy as britain thought and couldn't afford tickets (out of those who were interested).
We're one of the most expensive countries in europe, of course its going to be difficult for many nations to buy tickets.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

"Lord Coe added organisers would fill some of the empty seats with servicemen and women, as well as local students and teachers."
I'm sure if anyone can afford tickets it would be teachers. Instead of trawling out all the usual "deserving" (but well paid) cases why not pick some groups that can't afford to pay. Like hospital and school cleaners for starters.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Sprite
I heard from a mate of mine that they had been reliant on foreign ticket sales for the whole thing. Turns out a lot of foreigners are not as wealthy as britain thought and couldn't afford tickets (out of those who were interested).
We're one of the most expensive countries in europe, of course its going to be difficult for many nations to buy tickets.

You've missed the point again.  The tickets have all been sold, it's just that they haven't been used. 
Plans are being sorted out to fill the empty seats.  In my previous post I said local schools and the Armed Forces are amongst recipients of these tickets.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
You've missed the point again.  The tickets have all been sold, it's just that they haven't been used. 

No, I missed nothing. I was simply going on what I was told. YOU missed that point.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
GrahamC
Grafter

Hmmm... LOCOG are still advertising some 150,000 tickets for sale, excluding football.
Media and public reports of 'Olympic Family' seating being empty across most if not all of the events this A.M.
Perhaps it's too early for the poor dears  Sad
Community Veteran

Looking across the venues at present they all seem to be reasonably full. 
It's difficult to know what to do with spectators who have paid for their seats then not using them. At what point does the ticket get reallocated?
It was suggested that some of the official Olympic family did not arrive in the UK until yesterday so didn't use their tickets.  It could also be that corporate tickets will be more widely used during the weekdays. We will have to see Wink maybe my 'mate' will know.
kdoug007
Grafter

just  watched  andy murray... i would  suggest  3/4  full...
Community Veteran

Not untypical for early round Wimbledon matches so no problem there I don't think Smiley As all the events move into later rounds the figures will pick up.
It was estimated that 1m people lined the route of the cycling today.  All free Smiley Smiley
GrahamC
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
Not untypical for early round Wimbledon matches so no problem there

LOCOG have conistently told everyone all venues have been 'sold out', even confirming this morning that "Those venues are stuffed to the gunnels.". What's the point in a 'sold-out' venue that's missing 25% of it's spectators. I'm sure if those tickets were offered to the public, they wouldn't be around too long....

Community Veteran

But at what point do you resell the tickets?  What if the original purchaser arrives late to claim their seat?
I think LOCOG are speaking to all sponsors to confirm what tickets are not being used and can be resold. 
I think the problem will ease as the games progress and we get into the later events.