cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number of e-mails

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

number of e-mails

On an average day how many e-mails do you get ?
Exclude e-mails that relate to your work or business.
6 REPLIES
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Re: number of e-mails

I get about up to 5 a day
richard45210

I get about six a day Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

14th so far today total of 36 which is about average (work is also a hobby so there is a grey area between work and personal)
2 are family
2 are from friends
2 from SWMBO at work (asking if we need anything, reminding me to iron a shirt for tonight)
1 from self at another work place with an attachment for estimate (logged in using VTP and sent myself a document, used email so could be verified/tracked)
14 relate to work and work matters (requests for work, information on payments completed, updates and questions on WIP).
2 relate to local free-cycle group
9 are from various list servers
3 relate to follow-up goods ordered over Internet (Christmas presants so is unusual).
1 relates to 'online billing' from a utility company, telling me my latest bill is available online.
No junk
Fixes: 121

I get around 20 to 30.
Occasionally there's the odd flurry of extra junk.
Most of mine are notifications from forums.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Oh! about 8 or 12 on average, a high proportion of those will be circulars from organisations I have failed to unsubscribe to.
I do have a couple of old friends who send me intermittently pages and pages of jokes and media (some -many actually- of which are not publishable on a family forum) when a daily inbox may grow by 30+
However, I have a regular club correspondent who only opens his inbox every two or three days or so. Which can be very annoying if waiting for a reply. Rather defeats the point of email. Often end up phoning him for an update,
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

About 200 each day for Saturday and Sunday, and then 300 to 350 ish on weekdays.
Of those I guess about 180 are from eBay new item search notifications,  and I suppose there are 20 or so Plusnet Forum 'Topic reply' messages.
Fortunately I use email client filtering rules to sort incoming messages into a manageable directory structure, so I am not faced with a single huge unread INBOX, and I can see at a glance any important messages.