Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new licences to conduct ecological disaster issued

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

new licences to conduct ecological disaster issued

not content with big corporations pillaging the land for ore's and polluting the seas with dodgy oil extraction disasters there now committing marine genocide through licences http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-28442640 instead of recycling all that junk because its to costly compared with destroying the planet's eco systems
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
6 REPLIES
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: new licences to conduct ecological disaster issued

It does seem to be the case that corporate greed trumps everything else  Sad
I assume the statement that "A protocol to minimise the environmental impact is still being drawn up"  will be about as effective as the minimal environmental impact of open cast mining  (e.g. Hull–Rust–Mahoning Open Pit Iron Mine)
Unfortunately it gets worse...
[quote=http://hamptonroads.com/2014/07/obama-approves-sonic-cannon-use-east-coast]
The Obama administration opened the way to gas and oil exploration off the U.S. Atlantic coast by giving final approval Friday to the use of sonic cannons that can pinpoint energy deposits beneath the ocean floor.
The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management estimates that drilling for natural gas off the Eastern Seaboard could generate thousands of jobs, but has also acknowledged that the process will harm sea creatures.
Sonic cannons, which fire sound waves 100 times louder than a jet engine, pose dangers for marine life that communicate by sound. Whales and dolphins, for example, depend on echolocation to feed and communicate with their family groups.
“We don’t know what the physiological effects are,” said Grant Gilmore, fish ecology expert in Vero Beach, Fla. “It could be permanent hearing damage in many of these creatures just by one encounter with a high-energy signal.”

nanotm
Pro

its my understanding that corporate greed doesn't care about anything other than profits and if they kill the planet and everything in or on it they don't care so long as they can increase profits ...... the complete short-sightedness of these people people knows no bounds and we are all going to pay the price for there ways in things that the so called experts have either deliberately ignored or have somehow managed to overlook that avenue of research ....
the potential for complete eco system destruction by removing the bottom of the ocean is far to high, and damage caused in one zone can easily have catastrophic effects in neighbouring areas as all the fauna escapes and overloads them..... maybe I watch to many of those really bad B-movies and maybe there is something to learn from them that's totally overlooked by all these greedy corrupt pollution enablers around the globe !
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Sounds like too many Green tree huggers  Shocked
so when we run out of materials to make your smart Phone , laptops , Tv , microwaves , what you going to do then ?
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
nanotm
Pro

if people recycled there goods instead of burning or dumping them there wouldn't be a materials shortage, strip mining the ocean cant possibly be the answer without its eco systems intact we loose the largest food source on the planet as for TV's there starting to use organic materials in there production now with things like Organic light emitting diodes (OLED) and if continued shortages were maintained even more alternative processes would be produced to the good an benefit of not just consumers but also the planet, if that makes me some kind of hippy tree hugger in your mind I'm fine with that Smiley
TORPC
Grafter

Don't mine the ocean
Instead Mine the landfills & recycle everything that can be recycled
Or is that far too easy to do ?Huh
&
Is it that they can not make enough money that way ?Huh
Community Veteran