cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new legal free musicp2p qtrak launch. big disater.

scootie
Grafter

new legal free musicp2p qtrak launch. big disater.

the new legal free music p2p www.qtrax.com deicided to launch there program on sunday of all days when most people will be using the net.
so what u get is the site is down due to overwhelming demand well duh sunday launch your going to get high demand on a new product of this kind.
ive bein checking the site past few days thinking i could download the software before sunday so i wouldnt get caught up wid every one else trying to download it. but again the clever well paid tech guys didnt let u download the software before sunday.
what r these people paid for. common sense is all thats needed i saw these coming and was online till 6am this morn thinking it will go live early so they can make sure it works before the high demand peak time.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: new legal free musicp2p qtrak launch. big disater.

if you have waited so long for this type of site to appear, what is the hurry?  Sad    Let the crowds  of lemmings choke the system and then when demand slackens off, like by next sunday, you will be able to download your stuff much quicker, as there are less lemmings downloading at the same time Huh
scootie
Grafter

i not in a big rush to get it but what get my goat is that these people r paid to run these sites and common sense says not to launch on a sunday unless your servers can cope with so many people beinging at home and online.
any idea how much people get paid to make such a site. not even 3 years of uni can teach common sense.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

i saw these coming and was online till 6am this morn thinking it will go live early
Was it worth losing sleep over ? Huh Roll eyes
scootie
Grafter

well since i am allways downloading things at these hours of the morn at weekends due to it being free to use internet at these times.
i save my self a big bill ie average usage for 12pm to 8am 10gb.
so no i didnt lose sleep over stupid tech guys messing the launch of a new product is my answer
pcoventry
Grafter

Well the beta seems good and so far the sites not slowing down  when surfing and adverage download speeds are good.
Ads are annoying but then again it's how they pay the artists so fair enough
Also why should it slow down it's P2P at the end of the day.
scootie
Grafter

hiya pete. ive mangged to download the beta software now gonging to give it a try over next few days.
dont expect much from it at the mo seen the news past couple days and seems qtrax havent got as many music tracks as they said they did.
hopefully the music ind will wake up and take this format onboard.
what's the limits with drm on the music i heard u cant copy to cd but can put on any mp3 apart from ipod. but also heard that u can only play them a set number of times before you have to buy the single is this trueHuh?
pcoventry
Grafter

Yes that's how DRM tends to work. 3 plays then you have to buy it. This is why i like Napster I can put it on my MP3 player as often as I like and play it on my PC and can burn tracks to keep for 79p each.
I'm sure qtrax will pick up it's still being born.
pcoventry
Grafter

I like Amazon's idea of a drm free music download service. People who need to be still get paid and the customer can own the track forever. I find some of the bought songs on napster after a while attempt to make you pay again
scootie
Grafter

gave qtrax ago last night but every music track i tryed to download it just says downloads coming soon.
any one manged to get a track of qtrax yetHuh?
tryed all the ones they r promting on there home page still no luck.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I like Amazon's idea of a drm free music download service to!