cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new iPhone Goes on Sale

Community Veteran

new iPhone Goes on Sale

The new iPhone went on sale here this morning. Many people stood in line all night to make sure they got one.
New iPhone
When does it go on sale back in the UK?
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: new iPhone Goes on Sale

Not a clue but I am accepting donations if anyone feels generous  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

im sick of seeing all these new smartphones, i prefer phones with buttons not these touch screen things
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

I would rather have a Nokia 3210 then an iPhone  Cheesy, Android all the way for me.
Regards
Mike
Mike
Community Veteran

@ukste20 - Guess you won't be buying one then Wink Wink
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: artmo

The new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C went on sale Friday morning. And Apple fanatics flocked to Apple Stores around the world to be among the first to purchase the two new handsets. For some, it's like Christmas, the last day of school and their birthday rolled into one.
Norman Hicks, who was the first customer at the front of the line at the Apple Store in Covent Garden, London, poses for photographers with two boxed iPhone 5S handsets.

I have got to ask why do thay have to be the first to get a bloody mobile phone?   Huh
[Edit]
Yui Kashima, left, and Nobuhiko Matsuda wait to purchase an Apple's new iPhone outside a store in Tokyo on Friday.

Thay must be nuts.    Shocked
Brian Ceballo emerges from the Apple Store on Fifth Avenue as the first to purchase the new iPhone 5S on Friday in New York. Ceballo and a friend waited for 15 days in line outside the store to be the first to buy the phone.

My Bold, Bloody Hel why thay must be nuts.  Shocked
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Community Veteran

Quote from: ukste20
im sick of seeing all these new smartphones, i prefer phones with buttons not these touch screen things

I have one of those old phones with buttons. It's a cheap tesco £15 samsung thing.. truly indestructible but as featureless as a block of ice.
Never had a smartphone so I'd like one at some point as there is a lot of stuff I could do with a small programmable device like that.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 125

According to here it went on sale today.
But another report I read, can't remember where now, indicated that in some areas there was a lack of interest in Apple's latest con phone Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Mav

But another report I read, can't remember where now, indicated that in some areas there was a lack of interest in Apple's latest con phone Cheesy

What?  someone`s been around my home area and told people that I`m not a bit interested in eye phone..... quite happy with my Tesco branded PAYG phone I got a few years back for under £15... does what it says on the box..... makes phone calls, gets phone calls, and keeps my shirt pocket looking good ! ! ... Wink
Community Veteran

This was joked about on another thread but it looks like others are wondering too.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24177851
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

The trouble is that after the NSA scandal where the companies involved with passing on security data were gagged by the American government, even if Apple deny uploading fingerprint data, is anyone going to believe them ?
Community Veteran

I'm not an Apple user but heard they have introduced a new operating system also this week which is causing a few problems Undecided
DaveyH
Pro

Quote from: shutter
quite happy with my Tesco branded PAYG phone I got a few years back for under £15... does what it says on the box..... makes phone calls, gets phone calls, and keeps my shirt pocket looking good ! ! ... Wink

How quaint.
A popular method of communication in the 19th and 20th century i'm told.  I believe my droid may have an app for that,  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

@'DaveyH' - Does your droid have apps to allow your phone to go two weeks between battery charges, be operated with gloves on in winter, not smash when accidentally dropped, or the capability to do accurate texting or number dialing while not looking at the screen ?