cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mp3

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

mp3

What's a good site for very varied (age and type from 50/60's pop to classics) MP3 downloads these days?
I've used Frostwire for a while, but have found it can be very variable in quality and "actual" availability of tracks, and the odd rumour about its legality.
I'm not necessarily looking for a free service, but it would be nice.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: mp3

Sorry to jump in with something a little negative, but I should point out (for the benefit of future replies to the thread) that discussing sourcing illegal copies of things (software, music etc.) is against the forum rules. In terms of paying for music though, Amazon is probably the biggest if you want pure MP3s; if you can make do with MP4/AAC though, iTunes is also a good bet and has a vast collection of stuff.
Edit: I should add that MP4/AAC files have more efficient compression that MP3 so you get better sound quality at the same bitrate - but they are of course not as ubiquitous as MP3.
James
Grafter

Try iTunes.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Be3G
Sorry to jump in with something a little negative, but I should point out (for the benefit of future replies to the thread) that discussing sourcing illegal copies of things (software, music etc.) is against the forum rules.

Your point is well made Be3G, I wouldn't want any forum member to fall foul of the rules for my benefit. If under the circumstances a mod would care to lock the thread before it gets out of hand I will not complain.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 104

I think you've been given the 2 best options for DRM free music anyway Petlew.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

That didn't pass unnoticed adiewoo thank you.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

alternatively Spotify
Community Veteran

Thanks Oldjim, Spotify is currently an invitation only beta site.

Fixes: 104

Petlew - PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite for Spotify
Will Moderate For Thanks