cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mp3 tags displayed wrong in car CD mp3 disc player

Fixes: 122

mp3 tags displayed wrong in car CD mp3 disc player

Some tracks display properly and some display gibberish yet, looking at the data in mp3tag, all track titles are correctly displayed.
Does anyone know why this may be and have a possible solution?
Thanks
Edit: Just wondering whether having one or two characters with accents like 'é', etc screw up the whole display?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: mp3 tags displayed wrong in car CD mp3 disc player

Id1/2 or 3 tags?
Might be the car one is not reading the correct one.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Mav

Edit: Just wondering whether having one or two characters with accents like 'é', etc screw up the whole display?

I don`t know the answer... but that "could be" a reason, I suppose... I have some Russian music Videos with  ( obviously ) Russian/cryllic titles. and I cannot erase them ... I have to rename them with english letters.. (usually just one letter ))...  before they will erase...
You could try renaming any "forren" accented letters with the english equiv, and see if that works properly.

Thanks for the replies.
Looking at the info for ID3v1 andID3v2 some of the v2 tags have similar to "27 ðåìàñòåðèðîâàííûõ ñèíãëîâ." in the Comment box (using WinAmp to view this) which, from memory, seems to correspond to what is displayed in the car. The odd thing in that there is readable data in the Title field for these files. Also, there are other files that have something in the Comment field in readable English but is not shown in the car display.
I'm still flummoxed
I have just gone through all the tracks and deleted anything from the Comment field and made sure there is something sensible in the Title field for both v1 and v2.
Will burn it shortly and check it when I'm out tomorrow.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

If the files have images embedded into them, that could screw things up a bit...

All tracks (97) are playing and it seems that all titles are displaying correctly. I do have the player set to random so maybe not all have played yet. Will check later.