Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mouse mat

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

mouse mat

my mouse mat is getting a bit worn ,  so while checking prices around i came across this  Wink  http://www.cclonline.com/product/144717/RZ02-01070600-R3M1/Mouse-Mats/Razer-Goliathus-2013-Soft-Gami...; must be a typo lol
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: mouse mat

I saw a baby safety seat for sale on eBay for over £1000. I liked the seat, so I emailed asking what the real price was as it was obviously a typo.
Apparently, if they have recurring stock but have run out, they simply amend the price to something that no-one will pay. When news stock arrives they amend it back to the real price. Much easier than relating, and cheaper too they said.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I suppose I should use a mat but, I don't. I just use that small area on the lap top to the right along side the touch-pad <that I don't use at all> a consequence of this is that those sticky labels for the processor and Windows Vista (as it was when I bought it) are completely worn down to the metallic backing.
Frankly if you use an optical mouse I wouldn't bother replacing the mat, most of them work well on most surfaces including the arms of my armchair that I use with a fair regularity.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Mouse mat? - Do people still use those?  Shocked
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

I can say yes
In the sense that all the business clients (locally & surrounding areas that I deal with) still use them
There are the minimum of Domestic clients that still use them (the ones that still use a PC though
Personally I ain't used one for quite a while  Wink
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
Mouse mat? - Do people still use those?  Shocked

Yes, it helps me locate the mouse on a crowded desk Roll eyes
Anyone use multi-screen systems? any tricks on getting the mouse-pointer from RH side of far right screen to LH side of far left screen.
A wrap-around mouse app would be good  Cheesy
nanotm
Pro

using a mionix sargas 400 mat with my G500s I find hitting the dpi button and swiping it is almost instantly moved from screen to screen, unfortunately sometimes it will get stuck between screens if I inadvertently swipe diagonally ........once across to the screen I require clicking dpi down button a time or two provides the ability to keep it where I want it Smiley
before getting such a nice mouse though I had to lift n swipe n lift n swipe a few times to swap screens in the way you describe, which is probably why I bought a second G500s once I decided I liked it (so when this one fails I wont have to revert to using the 3 button mouse again whilst finding another decent DPI switching one I like the feel of)
as for mouse mats, I found not using one the optical sensor got gummed up to fast and it would randomly hit a dirt spot and not respond as it should (shooting off in random directions) when used on a desktop, the lappy one I tend to use on whatever cloth surface is closest and comfortable Smiley
as you say torpc its all down to where and what your using, I was using hobby craft felt sheeting for a few years before I got a freebie large mat with a mobile mouse and having it means I keep a mouse space in the mountain of junk that builds up on the desk  Wink
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

People only really needed mouses mats when they had balls.

Edit: sorry - corrected the typo.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
TORPC
Grafter

There is a response for that, however, I shall leave that up to the other(s) Tongue
His name begins with Edward Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I thought a mouse mat was what rug rats gave their kids to use on the beach  Grin
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

i have a corsair m65 laser mouse  Wink
hence the need for a good mat
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

I have a cheap Chinese 'gaming' mouse, that cost less than £5. It works on all surfaces, but I tend to use a lacquered placemat, and it never lets me down.
I use a laptop now, with the placemat on the arm of the sofa.
Community Veteran

I use an aidata mouse mat with a wrist support. Seems to work. Without the wrist support often  my whole arm was in the air which caused tension. With the wrist support my arm is firmly on the desk and no arm or wrist problems Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I use a Logitech Nano VX laser exactly the same as this one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001JLCMZK/ref=asc_df_B001JLCMZK20661382?smid=A2Q5J9SPLH7AQ&tag=kelkoo094...
I will say right away I didn't pay anything like the silly £169 quoted in the ad, I paid something around £35 from Staples, who no longer stock it, I have wondered a couple of times if they made a pricing error.
I have to say though its without doubt the best mouse I've ever had and I've tried many of them over the years.
But, it is exactly the same as the one shown in the ad.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.