cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

metronet and ordering

pcoventry76
Grafter

metronet and ordering

Just always wanted to ask.. why does the metronet website let me place an order even though i have ADSL? it does not throw up an error yet other sites like adsl24 does
weird..
3 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: metronet and ordering

Pete,
The thing is that you can place an order.  Our order checker for some reason doesn't take into account that you have an active service on the line, so the application would be rejected and we'd then ask you for a MAC Code.  However, if you tick the box that says you're coming from another supplier, it'll take you through the migration path and ask you for a MAC Code.
I agree that this isn't ideal and I'll have a word with our Development Team to see if there's anything that could be done, however, I wouldn't expect any rapid movement on this one owing to the amount of work that would probably be required.
James
Grafter

I've just had a chat about this.
The reason why we don't advise that there is an active service on the line is because that we feel that this adds unneccesary confusion to the sign up process.  It's impossible to tell using the Pre-Order check whether or not there incompatibility on the line is caused by an active ADSL service with a different supplier.
So what happens is that the order is placed and will be rejected the next day.  We're then able to get in touch with the potential customers and discuss what could have caused this rejection.
From my perspective, could this be unnecessarily annoying?  Could it lead to a number of people not bothering to complete their sign up journey?  Possible.  However, could a warning of a service being present on the line also create enough confusion to stop people signing up in the first place?  Equally possible.  It's a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other.
pcoventry76
Grafter

fair enough thanks for the reply
it was just incase i wanted to goto MN's payg pricing again