cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lucky drunk

mentalist3d
Grafter

lucky drunk

cctv footage of a drunk falling onto the tube tracks, very lucky to still be alive:
8 REPLIES
Denzil
Grafter

Re: lucky drunk

I have seen this before, but yes, she was very lucky not to get crushed. She was also lucky not to get electrocuted by the 630V rails with all that stumbling around!
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: Denzil
She was also lucky not to get electrocuted by the 630V rails with all that stumbling around!

Whats a few volts between friends?  The voltage is not an issue as anybody who's ever been in contact with a Van-der-Graaf generator will tell you - it's all about the current, as I've had several thousand volts pass through me during my A-level days, but at such a small current it's not an issue!
Fixes: 125

Ahhh, yes, brought back my days in the physics lab.
I remember our teacher getting all of us to hold hands then connecting the two extremes boys to the van-der-Graaf with a few last words before turning it on...
"Any of you boys with a heart condition had better sit out, now!"
I seem to remember we all jumped slightly but nonetheworse for the experience.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Denzil
Grafter

Yes, but I'm sure a system that can supply enough current to propel a train full of people would also supply enough to kill you. Smiley
Simon_M
Grafter

Yes, it's the current that kills you, but it's the voltage that pushes the current through you.
It doesn't matter how much current the line is capable of carrying, if it were only 10V instead of 630V, it wouldn't be able to overcome the resistance of your body.
Current is a bit like a sharp knife lying on the table. It only hurts when pressure is applied to it to push it through your body. .  Cry
itsme
Grafter

... and as little as 10mA can stop a heart.
Denzil
Grafter

I know Roll eyes. To kill you there has to be enough volts to push the current through the body, and enough amps available from the source. On the underground lines there are quite enough of both, so what are we arguing about? Grin
Simon_M
Grafter

Quote from: Denzil
so what are we arguing about?

Nothing, really, other than who stayed awake in Physics lessons.
But this is General Chit Chat, so when has having nothing to argue about ever stopped anyone....?
Grin  Grin