cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lol

thisoldman
Grafter

lol

last night during prayers  kejus told me.........

however in accordance with the new rules i cannot give you a link or a reference or for legal reasons disclose what the blmighty told me Grin
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: lol

You never disclose any of your sources anyway old timer. I think you're a nice enough guy but unless you're going to start providing credible evidence of anything you ever say on this forum your reputation is going to go down the pan because people are getting fed up with all this "I told you so but I'm not going to prove it" attitude. Please don't be offended by this its just the way people are. With your profession which you told me about by PM you should understand the way people work.
Secondly if you're really highly connected with government think tanks etc, you'll be known by MI5/6/whatever. I highly doubt they would let you publish any real serious issues on the internet from your home ISP with no filtering or interception.
Again don't be offended but if you have something serious that you know of and wish for it to be known by the masses then say it and prove it. You could even email proof to Mr Assange who I'm sure will make it public on your behalf.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

MI5/MI6 Has been monitoring the situation for a while Cheesy
nadger
Rising Star

@okrzynska - Politely put  Roll eyes
thisoldman
Grafter

okrz  txs for your post. I have previously explained my position, so i shall reiterate it briefly.

It is a common unwritten understanding amongst the people i  liase with that we do not under any circumstances reveal names or sources. To do so would discourage members of some tt s  from  providing the information in the first place.
I fully understand the frustrations of people who when told something, ask who told you that.
I have , to the best of my knowledge never invented information.That would make me look silly lol.
The info i post has no security restrictions.  Some tt s do not publish their reports for various reasons: lack of evidence/refusal of certain academic journals to publish the work etc etc.
I have taken on board barries suggestion to publish /post where possible, links to my info.
As i can understand your position I trust you will attempt to reciprocate. If you require any further info on any topic i have posted here please feel free to contact me and i will see what i can do.

If
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Who pays the wages of these TTs and does anything they come out with acted upon ?
If anything is acted on and effects us (ie any part of the general population of this country) and we have no information who these people are or how they reached a particular decision, then in a democratic society they cannot be acting on our behalf ?Huh
Steve
Pro

Many think tanks are non-profit
Click me
thisoldman
Grafter

interesting glen.

i can not speak for all tts.   Some are gov sponsored , some are industrial/commercial sponsored and som elike the one i participate in, are informal/voluntary.

Any tt report is usually submitted to the sponser who may  then directs it to the appropriate  gov select committee.
No tt has the power to introduce changes that affect you or the general pop .
Dont get too carried away by the work of tts  . Some provide valuable work like migration watch, some economic-like irrrc, some  advice to the
ehrc etc etc.
Some never publish anything. They report simply to their  commercial masters.

tts are no big deal
Community Veteran

Thats actually a good point gleneagles.
Reading TOM's reply it would appear that TTs are basically run by organisations who have a vested interest in the results. Can you imagine BP having a think tank on oil spills?
Seems like another stitch up from my POV. I'm not saying they're all bad but it does look like its open to abuse.
thisoldman
Grafter

quite untrue okrz    some tts have no vested interests at all    see steves excellent reference

we have no political or religious or economic agenda or paymaster.
Community Veteran

Ok m8, fair enough.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

OK but lets look at the specific TT that you are a member of, are we talking about one TT or several.
Of the total membership of these (or this) TT how many are women ?
How frequently do these TT meet and on average how much time is spent in meetings and how much time in research (written & Field research) prior to these meetings ?
The disclosure of any or all of the above information cannot identify any individual or group and if you are wondering why I ask it's all in connection with some research I am currently undertaking. I think you will understand when I say I cannot go into further details of my research at this time.