Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

let's have your predictions then!

Dan
Grafter

let's have your predictions then!

Here are mine, what are yours?
http://community.plus.net/blog/2010/01/05/tech-predictions-for-twenty-ten/
Have a read and reply on the blog with your ideas :-)
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: let's have your predictions then!

I'll continue to pay taxes.  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

The videophone will continue as the 'must avoid at all costs' device of the decade.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

PlusNet Customer service (phones and ticket), will improve, so much so, that the industry will use them as the Benchmark, for ISP`s to aspire to .......
Community Veteran

The general election will not result in any party with a clear majority and it results in a coalition - probably Labour and Liberal Democrats and then hopefully some enlightened thinking and no single party dogma on either side, and an end to Gordon Brown as PM.
David_W
Rising Star

# Blu-ray discs will start to be threatened by SD cards
I believe the biggest factor with that is the price of memory cards.  A 32Gb is going to set you back 80 quid and an issue with flash memory (in the case of read-write) is the disk will fail after around 100,000 read/write cycles.
Now, a 32Gb USB3 memory stick on the other hand, it does have the same limitation with read/write (its flash memory) but the cost could easily go down to 50p/Gb and each USB stick could be customised to the specific film/game and can be formatted in such a way that a Blu-Ray player treats the partition as a disc rather than flash memory (my sandisk cruzer has a CD partition on it, somehow).  I say USB3 for the data transfer for higher HD transfer rates and the like, though would need players to support USB3.
Biggest prediction for the year for me?  F# will be the new "in" programming language.  Apple will get hit with an anti-trust ruling, they will also release the iPhone 4G (and this time next year, rumours of the iPhone 5G will also be rife).  Nokia will make a come back, Maemo will mature and be put on mid range Nokia devices - including notebooks.  Apple and Nokia will settle out of court for "unspecified amounts" with their legal tit-tat at the moment.
Gary Mckinnon will still be fighting extradition to the US.
N/A

That we will be here in January 2011 still moaning about the state of the economy, the government, Plusnet, the weather, other drivers and much more besides!  Wink
Community Veteran

very true Poppy !