cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lawn mowers

Highlighted
Fixes: 458

Re: lawn mowers

Next time I buy one it will have a petrol engine on it. I'm fed up with dragging a wire around, tripping over it and getting it stuck in the mower. Sad
Edit: Now someone's going to point me at a rechargeable one which is more enviro friendly.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 79.0 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Community Veteran

But can you afford the petrol to put in it  Smiley Smiley
Highlighted
Fixes: 1,069

Probably cost just as much to run it on electricity these days  Crazy
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Grafter

You could go high tec and get one of those robot ones that has a home to charge up, then trundle off to cut the grass, unfortunately it doesnt leave those nice stipes on the green
Highlighted
Not applicable

Quote from: artmo
I have a Flymo Hover Compact and I am very pleased with it.

I have the same for my small patch of grass - can defo recommend if electric is important. Never have any problems with the grass box, it always fills fully. (Good design, air channels to the front as well as overhead to keep it going.)
As an ex-gardener I was dubious about having an electric one, but its been very good. (Think we only paid around £40/£50 a few years ago - so they'll probably be a fair bit cheaper these days)
Highlighted
Fixes: 458

Quote from: artmo
But can you afford the petrol to put in it  Smiley Smiley

I suppose I'll have to sell my Hummer Cry Wink

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 79.0 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Grafter

didn't now that they made robot ones pierre... do you mean that i need recharging before trundling out?? must take more vits.....  Grin
inherited a petrol one once but it was bulky . wouldn't mind a rechargeable one [ no wires to trip over]..think that they are more than i wish to pay..
will go on your recomendations and have  a go at the flymo again.. no-one seems to have a  bosche rotak..
i will soon have no lawn left tho' at the rate i go at the edges.. it gets less every year... thanks all for post ... Smiley
Highlighted
Grafter

They had two of the robot ones on the Chan 5 Gadget show recently, on of them had a "Home" where it whent back to and charged itself up, will go and google it for you
Highlighted
Grafter