Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landshare - anyone know about it?

Community Veteran

landshare - anyone know about it?

i have a garden i can no longer manage as i want, so had a look at this site:
http://www.landshare.net/signup/
does anyone know about landshare; how it works; how one safeguards oneself from phonies?  i'd like to know more before committing myself.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: landshare - anyone know about it?

It's a legit site, supported by Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall. No money changes hands so it would be quite hard to get scammed.
The short story is that people who have land allow people who want land to do whatever they want with it, usually to grow fruit + veg.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Search  www.moneysavingexpert.com forums (especially Greenfingered MoneySaving) to see some discussion.
The main concerns I have read are about the gardeners feeling that they are at risk of being scammed by land owners who may end the agreement after the hard work has been done and money spent clearing a jungle.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

It can happen to even large concerns,
Fairly sure what I am saying is correct but the people concerned deny it
Essex Wildlife took over a pond alongside the road near Wethersfield,  it had a dam in poor condition.  They put in a stile, made footpaths around the small lake, cleaned it up and repaired the Dam.   A short time later the Land owner decided that he didnt want Essex Wildlife to look after it and  replaced the stile with what can only be called a fortified barbed wire fence
Community Veteran

thanks for the feedback.  i'll sign up, make tentative approaches and see what happens.