cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just an idea

Blim
Grafter

just an idea

why cant streaming work the same way as aerial tv, one stream and everyone tunes into it?
have them steam it to the gatway(s) then redirect the bbci link to the gatway stream?
EDIT: better still, give every exchange a dish and bounce it off a satellite
8 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: just an idea

Blim
Grafter

oh  Lips are sealed and I thought that was an original idea lol
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

You're forgetting something - computer scientists have been hard at work solving these problems since the 1960's.
In the last 50 odd years would you not think that one of them had the same idea as you?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

You're forgetting something - computer scientists have been hard at work solving these problems since the 1960's
Don't you think it odd that some people still use Windows on their desktop computers, and Nokia think Windows on a phone is the way forward  Crazy
Blim
Grafter

yes I do find it hard to believe at times, Why are people talking about overloading the network when multicast is an option? I bet its not done effectively enough, at what point does the multicast split into individual connections? and is this limited to the amount of isp's? or does it split at the exchange? I really dont know but I bet if you put me in charge there wouldnt even be such a thing as overloaded networks.
I would divert all traffic over satellite Unless requested otherwise. I'd make all exchanges use satellite for most traffic. I wouldn't give people more than 8mb connection's befor asking for twice the money.
And for gamers, insted of using the main hubs to control traffic I'd only use them to relay the necessary capping and make the exchange equipment or the modem its self do the job so not to afect other users.

Id have to see a problem to give a good answer. but I know id damn well enjoy it Smiley
Blim
Grafter

Ive been using ubuntu 10.11 the last week and I am very surprised how user friendly its becoming. I never had a problem using the command terminal in the first play, I make a note of the commands and what they do as I learn. I do enjoy it, its just that my games dont seem to run as well. Guess my card is too new and ati havent put the time into the drivers. I only gave up because of the lack of games and the fact my ssd's have windows on and a hd with linux on. windows loads in 8 second and linux loads in 3 mins :X
that sed, openGL is getting left behided with dx11 out. Game do seem to run slower for me on my 6950 f3 (unlocked shaders).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

[quote=Blim]I do enjoy it, its just that my games dont seem to run as well
Are these Java games, such as Runescape ?,  as you will get MUCH better performance with the proper Oracle 6u31 Java release installed, rather than the default Ubuntu config.
Have you installed the restricted graphics drivers ?,  [System]  -> [Administration]  ->  [Additional Drivers]
Blim
Grafter

Quote from: purleigh

Are these Java games, such as Runescape ?,  as you will get MUCH better performance with the proper Oracle 6u31 Java release installed, rather than the default Ubuntu config.
Have you installed the restricted graphics drivers ?,  [System]  -> [Administration]  ->  [Additional Drivers]

I installed ut2004, I dont play runescape anymore but maybe in the future I might play wow again.
First I installed the driver listed under [Additional Drivers] but then I downloaded the one from amd witch seem to be the same. But with both driver I found It to drop fps when things got heavy. In windows I dont get low fps even when playing say bf3 at full settings so I guess my card is just too new for linux atm.
I yet tp try WINE, not sure how it performs