cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

job with P**ex

sloany
Grafter

job with P**ex

i am currently applying for a job with Pip*x on CS in stockport, can anyone give me any advise before i get an interview date?
6 REPLIES
sloany
Grafter

Re: job with P**ex

Yeah, thats what putting me off a little (being owned by tiscali). Having experienced tiscali's under informed / under trained Customer support first hand.
Thanks PJ,
James
Grafter

Move to Sheffield, apply for a job here. Smiley
I've worked for Tiscali before.  Lasted 2 months before they fired half of their staff to move support to Bangalore.
I wan't impressed, especially having worked 24 hours over the weekend to be pulled into the office at 8am on the Monday morning (finished at 10pm night before, got home shortly before midnight) to be told that I didn't have a job.
LiamM
Grafter

So, once the Pipex > Tiscali integration is in full swing, there is a risk that CS will be assimilated.  I don't believe I've read anywhere that Tiscali have said anything about keeping CS where they are (something that BT made a lot of noise about when acquiring PlusNet).
nadger
Rising Star

There's still been no announcement on London Stock Exchange as to exactly when Tiscali will take over the broadband and voice services of Pipex Comms - last thing I saw was when OFT agreed the deal and that quoted early September.
Having been privy to a lot of inside information I need to be careful in what I say but with customer services based at Welwyn Garden City, Stoke Mandeville and Manchester something will have to go so not a firm that I'd be approaching for a job if I was in the workplace.
The only parts of the business that Tiscali can easily assimulate will be Homecall and Toucan who are both Tiscali resellers.
Having visited WGC quite a few times I personally feel very sorry for the people I knew who'll now be looking for another job.
James
Grafter

Having visited WGC quite a few times I personally feel very sorry for the people I knew who'll now be looking for another job.

Having worked in WGC, I'd echo those sentiments.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: James
Having worked in WGC, I'd echo those sentiments.

Last time I was there was in March when I was invited to 2 hour meeting with the MD.
What really got me was the like sized cardboard "Hoff" in reception Wink