cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

isp's forum modding

scootie
Grafter

isp's forum modding

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4824-asa-points-out-to-virgin-media-that-latency-is-not-download-...
posted that on VM forum and seems they have waved the magic wand on it, without so much as a PM. i think isp's should have to quote avg ping, jitter, loss figures at least in the small print when using terms lag, games voip etc
am sure this link will have been posted all ready but just to challenge my theory here it is http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4825-plusnet-told-to-talk-more-in-its-radio-adverts.html
8 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

Re: isp's forum modding

Quote from: Asbo
posted that on VM forum and seems they have waved the magic wand on it, without so much as a PM.

They've done the same with me in the past when I've made what i considered to be completely harmless posts! Roll eyes

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

after raising the issue in the forum suggestion section, they removed that and now i have a PM, be honest VM its a COVER UP, i was helping people thinking or all ready duped into signing up to 50mb as a gaming line.
Taking the ad out of it that the ASA used, i have seen ads on grooveshark using gaming and 50mb, where they dont say lag etc but leave people thinking that VM are making a claim that latency is good due to using the term gaming in ads.
"Hey Asbo_Dog
You are receiving this message because you have had posts about ASA removed. The content has been removed as it doesn't follow the peer-to-peer support ethos of the forum. The post did not help to solve any support queries.
Please refrain from posting this type of content on the forums. Before posting again, please review the Forum Guidelines. Please note that further violations of forum rules/policies may lead to the loss of your posting privileges.
Thank you for your attention in this matter, and we hope to see further positive contributions from you in the future. "
Fixes: 47

Bad dog  Grin
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
scootie
Grafter

well being virgin MEDIA and me a dog that loves to chew the morning media in paper back form, am having fun  Smiley
still find it weird how they would want to try to dull it down on there when its already on every broadband tech news sites, you would think they would learn and listen, might email the ceo office team and see what they say about it, tho last time i emailed a detailed report on the latency history of my line and got a call from the ceo team telling me a genuine network engineer would fone following day at peak time.
Did they hell and so gave up trying. that's the feeling there forum gives to, 7 day wait time on replys and that's if no one else posts in the thread and starts the wait time again.
virgin's ethos seems to be ignore ignore an then throw some hope at you an then they go on the fix date push back game. which seems to last 6months- 1year from the ongoing threads i have read.
wonder what the FTTC market will be like in a years time, BE unlimited should be in the game by then and maybe a plusnet product relaunch as i know how you like one at least every 1-2 years, tho your current usage limits and pro add on look a good package, just not for a family of 6 soon to be 7
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Asbo
for a family of 6 soon to be 7

Puppy expected?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)

.....or are you still working on it Wink
scootie
Grafter

simba's due tomoro.
just pm'ed a mod direct. i believe there rules state that is a no no, hope they dont remove my posting privileges and block me getting the excellent 5 star support from them or should that be 7 stars, one for each day waiting for a reply  Undecided

Keep us posted on the soon to be new arrival Smiley