cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this Political madness or crass stupidity of the Public prosecutor?

pierre_pierre
Grafter

is this Political madness or crass stupidity of the Public prosecutor?

yet another case http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/7962528.stm
Was it a citizens arrest or kidnap
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: is this Political madness or crass stupidity of the Public prosecutor?

Well if they hadn't
He and Shepherd took one offender in a van to the home of another suspect, where an altercation took place.

It would have been a citizens arrest, holding him until the police arrived, but they removed him from the scene of the crime not a good idea.
Fixes: 47

It's obviously Mr Preson's fault for not reporting the break-in two days before it occurred.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I had that I say a group of lads who had broken in to the Scout hut and caught one coming out did a citizens arrest called the Police who arrested me. As I saw him coming out of the building and didnt see him  smash it up I couldn't arrest him as it was trespass and you cant arrest someone for trespass only the Police can do that.
If I had seen him smash the place up thats criminal damage and I could have arrested him for that. I had to go to his house and apologize or I was going to court. Strangely enough he was arrested a month latter for 41 break ins.
I checked on the law and if your back door is open and I walk into your house and sit down you cant arrest me and if you do or hit me its you who will be arrested.
If I see anything now I walk on by which is the problem with the country but what can you do your dammed if yo do and dammed if you dont