Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this Political Correctness or Privacy gone mad

pierre_pierre
Grafter

is this Political Correctness or Privacy gone mad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/8267048.stm
A School dinner Lady who was also a First aider reported personal injury to the Parents and has been sacked
18 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: is this Political Correctness or Privacy gone mad

TBH I'm not surprised, if a girl under 16 can be given the morning after pill in school without informing the parent then telling the parents anything is likely a sackable offense.
Sad times we live in Sad
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

No - she reported bullying to the parents.  Presumably, she should have gone through proper channels, and not directly to the parents.  Perhaps it warrants a slap on the wrist (unless there are other circumstances we don't know about), but hardly a sacking!
John
pierre_pierre
Grafter

a point made on Air but not I think in print was that as a first aider, she is expected to tell the parents Angry Angry
mentalist3d
Grafter

The school obviously doesn't want to be associated with any "bullying" problems at their school, that's why they were probably so harsh on the dinner lady. Also I doubt much dinner ladies in UK schools actually get told procedures for reporting bullying, as the school will just concentrate on making sure the teachers follow their procedures, which is probably quite ineffective, except for keeping the school in the clear first, then looking after the pupil. I'm sure if the dinner lady did go through proper channels, the child will still be getting bullied the now.
Euge
Grafter

In my experience the schools ability to deal with bullying ranges from bad to none. The fact that the parents had to find out this way is a reflection of how bad things have become.
Community Veteran

it's political privacy gone mad
Community Veteran

I am not joking when I say that there is something seriously wrong with this country and it is worrying!
Fixes: 47

...and a great many people agree Sad
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

So who are the people who make the ridicilous rules then?! Are they the same people who say that a burgular can sue you for personal injury if you attack them within your home? Where are these rulemakers and how do we remove them from the country?
Community Veteran

Radio news this evening:
A Sikh police officer is suing his employers for racism, because he couldn't do riot training (it requires wearing a helmet), he also missed out on cycle training (it required him to wear a helmet) and that will severely damage his possibilities for promotion, overtime etc.  He is suing for £200,000.
Community Veteran

Cannot remember the details exactly but I remember on the news a few months ago that some convicted terriosts were being paid compensatition by the government. Something to do with being held without charge or human rights or similar. I was almost going to vomit at hearing this as I knew it was my money they were getting! Angry
Community Veteran

Quote from: Sean
So who are the people who make the ridicilous rules then?! Are they the same people who say that a burgular can sue you for personal injury if you attack them within your home? Where are these rulemakers and how do we remove them from the country?

well, they are the people that the electorate (of which you presumably form a part) voted for ... and of course a lot of these laws were made more than 12 years ago too, so I'm not at all making a party-political point
over to you .. if you want things different, do something to make it so
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Well the one that is the subject of this thread was a decision by the School head and the Governors, not the County Council or National
The backlash starts http://www.schoolsnet.com/uk-schools/school-details-reviews/essex/great-tey-church-england-voluntary...
Community Veteran

Yes I will not argue with democracy, I am a big fan but I still cannot understand how some of the rules and laws that have been mentioned, ever came about. They are ridicilous and most people would appear to agree.