bluewhale
Rising Star

is plusnet going through a bad patch

18 REPLIES
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: is plusnet going through a bad patch

I haven't read the reviews of BT/TalkTalk &c on TrustPilot, but I'm willing to bet they're as bad. The site only seems to attract bad reviews - for any service.

John
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Not really @jab1  My energy provider has good reviews https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/octopus.energy

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Its like on here , rarely do you see a positive post Trust pilot does seam to draw more negative posts .

But i will admit Support is going down hill Sad  they seam to get more complaints on Twitface than here Shocked

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jab1
Seasoned Pro

OK @St3 as I said, I was only referring to ISPs, but I have read recently (somewhere, it could have been a Wikipedia link) that TP employ some questionable tactics, and that has made me wary of trusting them.

John
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@jab1  you mean somthing like this https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Plusnet-PLC/reviews?fcountry=ALL

jab1
Seasoned Pro

Sorry, @rongtw, unless I've missed something in that link, I can't understand what you mean.Undecided

John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

bluewhale wrote:

is plusnet going through a bad patch

You know what the answer is.......

"Give us time, ..... and we`ll get there...  "    Undecided

St3
All Star

@jab1 You said ( for any service ) my energy provider is a service Wink 

Also most review sites start off good then they get all the trolls that puts people off.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

Just for comparison I clicked on the last page (129) in the link going right back to late 2010, and the reviews then were much more favourable.

bluewhale
Rising Star

how about this employee post

btw i'm not trying to harm plusnet or act like a troll, just trying to give the management a heads up, especially as a big part of the plusnet business model is it's customer service. so for example the fact that apparently plusnet not longer price match via the retention's team is pretty bad IMHO, even price match their own deals....

Used to be a great fun place to work till BT fully took over and new CEO who replaced Jamie turned the place into a horrible working environment where employees are just numbers just like the BT way.

The goal posts kept being shifted in terms of trying to make you skilled up in provisioning, sales, Retentions and billing so a Jack of all trades a master of none.

The Management were unapproachable and unreasonable.

Definitely not a place I would recommend if you want work life balance, too much stress, too many angry customers frustrated at long wait times and no transparency from Senior Management. Working a lot of Saturdays and Sundays so no life outside work. Arrogant Team leaders bullying staff.

jab1
Seasoned Pro

St3 wrote:

@jab1 You said ( for any service ) my energy provider is a service Wink 

Also most review sites start off good then they get all the trolls that puts people off.

At that point, I only meant broadband service

John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

bluewhale wrote:

how about this employee post

btw i'm not trying to harm plusnet or act like a troll, just trying to give the management a heads up, especially as a big part of the plusnet business model is it's customer service. so for example the fact that apparently plusnet not longer price match via the retention's team is pretty bad IMHO, even price match their own deals....

Used to be a great fun place to work till BT fully took over and new CEO who replaced Jamie turned the place into a horrible working environment where employees are just numbers just like the BT way.

The goal posts kept being shifted in terms of trying to make you skilled up in provisioning, sales, Retentions and billing so a Jack of all trades a master of none.

The Management were unapproachable and unreasonable.

Definitely not a place I would recommend if you want work life balance, too much stress, too many angry customers frustrated at long wait times and no transparency from Senior Management. Working a lot of Saturdays and Sundays so no life outside work. Arrogant Team leaders bullying staff.

Only those who work at PN are in a position to know the accuracy or otherwise of those comments but sadly they do apply to a increasing number of firms

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

When I was working for a large financial organisation, running an international team of approx 250 people involved in 2nd level IT support, I was paid a compliment by the national commercial managing director of their French branches. It was: "he takes great care of his personnel."

I was made redundant three months later. 

It seemed to me at the time that being considerate to your team was not an attribute valued by the MBA type of executive management.  Perhaps the same in PlusNet?

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I wasn't that long ago that a PN staff said they were short of staff , but why ? you have to ask is there a lack of qualified people looking for work ? or is it PN don't actually offer a decent wage packet ?.

But must admit not to have seen many new agents on here lately