cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is 02 selling my private details onto other companys ?

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

is 02 selling my private details onto other companys ?

I have 2 contract phones with 02 one is mine and one is for the wife 2 different numbers but both in my name. The past 12 months random sales people have been ringing my wifes phone and asking to speak with me, each time she puts me on the phone its never anyone from 02 sales, this morning it was carephone warehouse and in the past its been other sales companys but never 02.

So.... how do these companies know my full name and my mobile numbers .... all i can think of is that someone at 02 is selling on my details ?

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: is 02 selling my private details onto other companys ?

Contact O2 about it... or have a look and see if they have a forum, and others are complaining...

toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Have a read of O2's Privacy Policy. It states...

To run our business and provide you with our services, we may share your information with others.

This might mean sharing your information with:

- Our partner companies or agencies and their sub-contractors or prospective partners who help us run our services, for example our billing or customer service centres.
- Other companies in the Telefónica Group. This includes, Telefonica Dynamic Insights and their respective partners, agents and sub-contractors.
- Insurance providers when you take out a policy through us.
- Offers we have your permission to send out to you from third parties, such as through O2 More.
- Products and services, including apps. For example, location information is used by apps like Priority. By agreeing and using them, you're giving us your consent to share your information with other companies who run these services.
- Credit reference and fraud prevention agencies.
- Other communications companies.
- New or prospective owners of Telefónica UK Limited.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

I have 2 also Ste , but i havent had any calls , but on O2 web page i ticked the dont contact me for sales Thumbs Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

ahh maybe i should have done the same thing :S

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970