cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interference on TV transmit/receive setups

community
Grafter

interference on TV transmit/receive setups

Having just read about interference found on routers , I wonder if anyone has a similar problem with the
wireless transmit/receive bundles for televisions?
I recently setup a similar to an upstairs tv from the tv in the living room.
The sound and picture were reasonably good, except that the picture had interference (low-pitch noise and continuous rolling  bands of lines)
The explanation in the handbook suggests neighbouring , or your own,other equipment which use the same 2.4GHz band.
The shop (Maplins) suggested a much dearer bundle which uses 5.4 or 5.6 (?) GHz.
Has anyone any personal experience?
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: interference on TV transmit/receive setups

Not personal experience, I use a cable link between rooms.
There was an article in the news recently that some Sky video senders (used in room to room situations) were interfering with certain types of key-less car ignition fobs, leaving drivers stranded. Also suggested that they could interfere with wireless routers as well.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
community
Grafter

Re: interference on TV transmit/receive setups

Yes   I had considered a splitter at the sat dish cable but the techies have told me that this is not a good idea because
the signal strength would be impaired......
the cable would be split in the loft and a second cable run sent to the upstairs tv.....
A second dual lnb would not be practical because the existing one is already dual (pulling 13 and 19E)